Sign in to follow this  
restlefan

All Things Pittsburgh

2 hours ago, TFBJR said:

Greater than the first-time flying into Vegas?  That is a hard one to beat. 

Even better if you do the L.A. layover.   Too bad "LA to Vegas" cancelled after one season.  The premise could be a winner!  

The Strip is a fun place to walk on a Saturday morning.  Check out the Korean food cart guy.  He makes delish Chicken on a Stick and Mung Bean Pancakes.  Also, Wholey's Fish Market has a lunch menu.  Excellent Shrimp Po Boys and Lobster Mac and Cheese. https://wholey.com/kitchen-menu/  Also, the candy shop is pretty cool too...(Grandpa Joe's Candy)

Greater than the first-time flying into Vegas?  That is a hard one to beat. 
Having done both, I lean Pittsburgh but it's entirely different. You come through the tunnel and boom, the entire city is right in your face. It's really cool.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, PSUMike said:

Having done both, I lean Pittsburgh but it's entirely different. You come through the tunnel and boom, the entire city is right in your face. It's really cool.

Is it better than going thru the Yosemite NP Tunnel?

1 hour ago, RichB said:

Is it better than going thru the Yosemite NP Tunnel?

Yosemite is amazing but you see amazing scenery before Wawona and amazing after.   Fort Pitt is not like that.  I don't want to spoil it for anyone but I've been around the world and have seen nothing like it and welcomed many an international guest by picking them up at PIT and I've yet to find one that doesn't say some variant of "DAMN"  coming out of the tunnel. 

As an aside, if you don't have tickets for one of the sessions, the Warhol is within walking distance from the paint can.   It's expensive but if you're a pop art fan, it's a must.  Key is to hit the basement first and screen print your own t-shirt or bag then tour the museum while it dries. You'll get a one of a kind memento for peanuts as they sell the stuff for not much more than cost.

Forgot to add if you go to the Warhol, when you pay, ask if David is around.   His nephew, David Warhola, is often at the museum and gives glimpse into Andy's personal life that only someone close to him can.  He'll often give personal tours.    If you do visit, please make sure to mention that you're in town for wrestling nationals.  We need to dispel the notion that wrestlers are meatheads who don't appreciate the arts.

18 hours ago, PSUMike said:

I can respect that.  Been to both; Lost Wages is my favorite coming to town and near the bottom on the way back to McCarran.  I'll be driving in from the other direction (NJ) tomorrow morning.  Should be a great weekend.   

Cheers men.