TBar1977

Big10 Predictions

For fun only. I'm about 100 percent certain mine won't be any better than anyone else, but anyway.

125 Rivera over Lee / Confidence level low

133 Micic over RBY and on a neutral mat Suriano over Desanto in the semis, then Micic over Suriano / Confidence level medium

141 McKenna over Lee then McKenna over Carr / Confidence level low because I do think Lee can wear down McKenna

149 Ashnualt over Micah / Confidence level high 

157 Nolf Next Topic / Confidence level off the charts / Deakin finishes 2nd, Berger 3rd

165 Massa over White in quarters, Cenzo over Massa, Marinelli over Wick, Cenzo over Marinelli / Confidence level low that all that will happen. Confidence level medium that Cenzo will win

174 Hall over Amine / Confidence level high

184 Martin over Rasheed / Confidence level high

197 Moore over Warner, Bo Nickal over Moore / Confidence level high for a Nickal win and probably even a win by FALL

Hwt Steveson over Cassar / Confidence level high

Ill take a shot and see what happens:

125 - Lee over Rivera, I think Lee will get past his "thing" and turns dominant once again for the rest of the season.

133 - Suriano over Micic, I think Suriano is overdue for some glory

141 - McKenna over Carr

149 - Ashnault over Jordan

157 - Nolf over Berger

165 - Marinelli over cenzo cause I think it would be funny for Vincenzo to be a 4x NCAA winner and a 0 time Big 10.

174 - Hall over Amine

184 - Miles over Rasheed

197 - Bo over Moore

Heavy - Gable over Cassar

125 Lee over Rivera

133 Micic over Suriano

141 McKenna over Carr

157 Nolf over Deakin

165 Joseph over Wick

174 Hall over Amine

184 Martin over Rasheed

197 Nickal over Moore

285 Steveson over Cassar

I created a google form for B1G predictions. Maybe the moderators can pin this/ cross-post to the top of the forum? Users can edit their submissions until Saturday morning. Nothing will be listed publicly until then. You can submit at the link below:

https://goo.gl/forms/yFn0Q01RU5X0N0vU2

Edited by bnwtwg
Spelling

3 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

For fun only. I'm about 100 percent certain mine won't be any better than anyone else, but anyway.

125 Rivera over Lee / Confidence level low

133 Micic over RBY and on a neutral mat Suriano over Desanto in the semis, then Micic over Suriano / Confidence level medium

141 McKenna over Lee then McKenna over Carr / Confidence level low because I do think Lee can wear down McKenna

149 Ashnualt over Micah / Confidence level high 

157 Nolf Next Topic / Confidence level off the charts / Deakin finishes 2nd, Berger 3rd

165 Massa over White in quarters, Cenzo over Massa, Marinelli over Wick, Cenzo over Marinelli / Confidence level low that all that will happen. Confidence level medium that Cenzo will win

174 Hall over Amine / Confidence level high

184 Martin over Rasheed / Confidence level high

197 Moore over Warner, Bo Nickal over Moore / Confidence level high for a Nickal win and probably even a win by FALL

Hwt Steveson over Cassar / Confidence level high

Mckenna needs to take some injury time and he'll win no problem. 

Surprised anyone picking spencer lee.   He hasn't been improving, seems like a much weaker guy than last year.  

Suriano will be fired up after beating desanto and im sure he's working on singles to thr finishes he got so easily so i see him winning 133.  

4 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Which team wins the race for 2nd place between Iowa, Ohio State and Michigan? I predicted in November that it would be Ohio State, but its very close. 

I think I favor Ohio State.  

Avg. Pre-seed
Ohio State - 4.5
Iowa - 4.7
Michigan - 4.7

Projected Placement Points
Ohio State - 83
Michigan - 80
Iowa - 77

If everything goes chalk, Ohio State has a slight edge, and I like potential upside for two of Ohio State's best guys in McKenna (possible champ, seeded 3rd) and Jordan, (possible champ, 2 seed), in addition to their record of performance at at Big 10's.  

Iowa has upside potential with Spencer (2 seed, possible champ), Marinelli (2 seed, potential champ), and Stoll can definitely outperform his 8 seed. 

I see more down than upside potential for Michigan based on seeding. 

3 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Which team wins the race for 2nd place between Iowa, Ohio State and Michigan? I predicted in November that it would be Ohio State, but its very close. 

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Ohio state finished ahead of those two in the B10 but behind both in the NCAA

8 hours ago, Crotalus said:

What are the chances that the attempt to bottle up DeSanto's "enthusiasm" will lead to an explosion that costs at least a team point?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

High confidence. It wouldn't be as much fun without this.

Good picks Tbar

Massa over White is interesting. White is just so hard to finish on. Even Cenzo struggles with it  will be a good but low scoring match. I hope Massa turns into his freshman version. Really like him for some reason  

I think RBY might lose prior to the semis, but at some point he is making the jump. I thought it would be this season around now but the injury gives me pause. I hope the PSU style influences him and he opens up. 

I don’t think Rasheed is completely healthy. I think he loses to Venz and to Illinois on the backside. I like Rasheed and was one of the only people saying he would AA 2 years ago, but man he looked bad vs Embree and Venz is elite. I also met him at the UMD match so maybe I’m a bit bias  

for the crazy pick of the night, Micah wins Big10s. Something about Ashnault is giving me pause for Big10s. He has up and down performances. Micah is super consistent, he just has 1 glaring weakness. I think he gets the first 2-3 takedowns on Ashnault and wears him out a bit, which will be just enough to not get turned over and over if Ashnault hits a takedown in the 2nd or chooses top.

i think Ashnault isn’t a lock for the finals and Micah is. Micah will kill Lugo. Bad style matchup for Lugo. 

3 hours ago, Housebuye said:

Good picks Tbar

Massa over White is interesting. White is just so hard to finish on. Even Cenzo struggles with it  will be a good but low scoring match. I hope Massa turns into his freshman version. Really like him for some reason  

I think RBY might lose prior to the semis, but at some point he is making the jump. I thought it would be this season around now but the injury gives me pause. I hope the PSU style influences him and he opens up. 

I don’t think Rasheed is completely healthy. I think he loses to Venz and to Illinois on the backside. I like Rasheed and was one of the only people saying he would AA 2 years ago, but man he looked bad vs Embree and Venz is elite. I also met him at the UMD match so maybe I’m a bit bias  

for the crazy pick of the night, Micah wins Big10s. Something about Ashnault is giving me pause for Big10s. He has up and down performances. Micah is super consistent, he just has 1 glaring weakness. I think he gets the first 2-3 takedowns on Ashnault and wears him out a bit, which will be just enough to not get turned over and over if Ashnault hits a takedown in the 2nd or chooses top.

i think Ashnault isn’t a lock for the finals and Micah is. Micah will kill Lugo. Bad style matchup for Lugo. 

RBY might not be 100%, his leg was still heavily taped his last match, but he did look quick against Spann from Buff. His last TD was an insanely quick superduck where he got behind Spann before Spann knew what happened., so I think he is close to being all the way back. I agree that RBY will be making a level jump at some point but you never know when. The one thing he has going for him is that quickness. He is the quickest guy at that weight so where he lacks pure strength, he makes up for that in quickness. He is my pick to surprise to the upside this post season. 

Rasheed I have not seen at anywhere close to 100 percent of late. He was not there vs. Caffey, so we'll see about him on Saturday. He claims he is fine. 

Edited by TBar1977