TBar1977

Big10 Predictions

6 hours ago, Housebuye said:

Good picks Tbar

Massa over White is interesting. White is just so hard to finish on. Even Cenzo struggles with it  will be a good but low scoring match. I hope Massa turns into his freshman version. Really like him for some reason  

I think RBY might lose prior to the semis, but at some point he is making the jump. I thought it would be this season around now but the injury gives me pause. I hope the PSU style influences him and he opens up. 

I don’t think Rasheed is completely healthy. I think he loses to Venz and to Illinois on the backside. I like Rasheed and was one of the only people saying he would AA 2 years ago, but man he looked bad vs Embree and Venz is elite. I also met him at the UMD match so maybe I’m a bit bias  

for the crazy pick of the night, Micah wins Big10s. Something about Ashnault is giving me pause for Big10s. He has up and down performances. Micah is super consistent, he just has 1 glaring weakness. I think he gets the first 2-3 takedowns on Ashnault and wears him out a bit, which will be just enough to not get turned over and over if Ashnault hits a takedown in the 2nd or chooses top.

i think Ashnault isn’t a lock for the finals and Micah is. Micah will kill Lugo. Bad style matchup for Lugo. 

Micah has a much tougher road then Ashnault to make the finals.  In their first meeting Ash was protecting a 10 pt lead and just didn’t want to do anything stupid.  He was never in trouble.  Plus his nose he broke during that match didn’t help w his breathing.  Both are excellent wrestlers but I think the takedowns later in the match are a bit overrated.  Should be a great final if they both get there.  And you can’t count out Lugo.  

7 hours ago, Housebuye said:

Good picks Tbar

Massa over White is interesting. White is just so hard to finish on. Even Cenzo struggles with it  will be a good but low scoring match. I hope Massa turns into his freshman version. Really like him for some reason  

I think RBY might lose prior to the semis, but at some point he is making the jump. I thought it would be this season around now but the injury gives me pause. I hope the PSU style influences him and he opens up. 

I don’t think Rasheed is completely healthy. I think he loses to Venz and to Illinois on the backside. I like Rasheed and was one of the only people saying he would AA 2 years ago, but man he looked bad vs Embree and Venz is elite. I also met him at the UMD match so maybe I’m a bit bias  

for the crazy pick of the night, Micah wins Big10s. Something about Ashnault is giving me pause for Big10s. He has up and down performances. Micah is super consistent, he just has 1 glaring weakness. I think he gets the first 2-3 takedowns on Ashnault and wears him out a bit, which will be just enough to not get turned over and over if Ashnault hits a takedown in the 2nd or chooses top.

i think Ashnault isn’t a lock for the finals and Micah is. Micah will kill Lugo. Bad style matchup for Lugo. 

If Ashnault isn't a lock for the finals, who do you think will give him trouble?  Martin?  Thorn?  Amine?  I like Ashnault's chances against those guys better than Micah versus Lugo or Berge.

12 hours ago, Housebuye said:

Good picks Tbar

I'm not sure this is true. They wrestled 2 years ago and had a very tight match in Vegas. In fact, Lugo looked to be in control for most of the match. They entered the 3rd 3-3 with Lugo having choice and riding time. Micah caught him off guard with a really nice nearside cradle in the first 5 seconds to break it open. I think that match could be really close.

125 Lee (runner-up Rivera)

133 Micic (runner-up Desanto)

141 Lee (runner-up McKenna... I know they are prob on the same side of the bracket; I'm hedging my bets that either Nick Lee will win or Joey McKenna will place 2nd)

149 Ashnualt (runner-up Lugo)

157 Nolf (runner-up Deakin)

165 Marinelli (runner-up Joseph)

174 Hall (runner-up Amine)

184 Martin (runner-up Venz)

197 Nickal (runner-up Warner)

Hwt Cassar (runner-up Steveson)

1 hour ago, qc8223 said:

I'm not sure this is true. They wrestled 2 years ago and had a very tight match in Vegas. In fact, Lugo looked to be in control for most of the match. They entered the 3rd 3-3 with Lugo having choice and riding time. Micah caught him off guard with a really nice nearside cradle in the first 5 seconds to break it open. I think that match could be really close.

Two years ago....