Sign in to follow this  
andegre

MAC Tournament 1st Round Comparisons

Geez,

If Punke can make the finals, which is not out of the question nor is it a longshot, it could literally be an MU vs the Mac Finals.  On top of that, Jaques and Punke are the only ones who would have to have a somewhat surprising upset to win it.  Everyone else for MU has a real shot to win it and would not really have to pull out an upset to win it.  I wouldn't consider Elam beating Stencel or Gunning and upset.  I just don't think there is much separation between them. I would consider Punke having to have a mild to low-moderate upset in the semi's and finals, and Jaques having to have a moderate upset in the finals. Still, if they did pull those matches off it would be good for their NCAA seeding, but I wouldn't consider it having to take a huge leap or phenomenal performance to do so.

1 hour ago, scramble said:

Geez,

If Punke can make the finals, which is not out of the question nor is it a longshot, it could literally be an MU vs the Mac Finals.  On top of that, Jaques and Punke are the only ones who would have to have a somewhat surprising upset to win it.  Everyone else for MU has a real shot to win it and would not really have to pull out an upset to win it.  I wouldn't consider Elam beating Stencel or Gunning and upset.  I just don't think there is much separation between them. I would consider Punke having to have a mild to low-moderate upset in the semi's and finals, and Jaques having to have a moderate upset in the finals. Still, if they did pull those matches off it would be good for their NCAA seeding, but I wouldn't consider it having to take a huge leap or phenomenal performance to do so.

A Jacques upset would be minor.  Early has some good wins this year, but he also has some bad losses, including to Parks and LaPrade.

44 minutes ago, Missourimatman said:

How do other MAC coaches keep their jobs?

Because Mizzou has about the same amount of revenue for athletics as the others combined maybe?   Got to remember they get some SEC cashflow into athletics to spread out which doesn't hurt.   I think they would be fun to have back in the Big 12, or move them over into the Big 10,  but I don't ever see that happening.  Next years addition of teams to the MAC will make it interesting,  but Mizzou should still always be in the top 1-2 in conference no matter what.