mattchristensen112

Best Way to Use FloWrestling this Weekend

Flow has a four screen split going on for PIAA Tourney and it's pretty awesome.

I've watch two and sometimes three different dual meets at the same time this season.  I make sure I'm plugged in and not using wifi.

New live viewing experience for Flo just got rolled out for this weekend. You can watch up to for screens at once from any event that is streaming live. so any four mats from one tournament or 1 mat from four tournaments. Feel free to check out the video in this tweet and then test it out on the PIAA championships right now and please enjoy!

https://twitter.com/FloWrestling/status/1103796428252610561

7 minutes ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

New live viewing experience for Flo just got rolled out for this weekend. You can watch up to for screens at once from any event that is streaming live. so any four mats from one tournament or 1 mat from four tournaments. Feel free to check out the video in this tweet and then test it out on the PIAA championships right now and please enjoy!

I am and the four screens are great!  Cheers Jaroslav!

8 minutes ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

Didn’t realize you could mix tournies. 

very nice! 

10 minutes ago, Jacksguy said:

Can you do this thru the app on Apple TV or Roku? Or is it just available via laptop?

Just via the web/laptop. apple or roku would have to implement a quad-laser view. we can ask for it but it's up to them! hdmi cable, a smart tv or some dongle like chromecast is your best bet to get Flo's new viewing experience on the big screen. 

33 minutes ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

Just via the web/laptop. apple or roku would have to implement a quad-laser view. we can ask for it but it's up to them! hdmi cable, a smart tv or some dongle like chromecast is your best bet to get Flo's new viewing experience on the big screen. 

Appreciate the response. Easy enough with a smart TV. I appreciate the product. 

I use chromecast, but it is only as good as the Flowrestling web video server.      My experience in watching  FLO on the web is terrible.   It is not a technical problem at my end, my internet service is excellent and I reliably stream all sorts of video services on apps and through the browser.

ROKU streaming of FLO works reliably.

I rejoined Flo Pro recently after years of sitting on sidelines because it looked like FLO was finally moving full events to the ROKU archive.    Well, after a few weeks of using the service, it's becoming clear that the ROKU content is still pretty nominal.    How much trouble would it be to put all FRL broadcasts on ROKU?   FLO only bother to put 1 in 5 shows.    Why aren't all full matches available on the web also on ROKU?

If the web video streams were reliable, they didn't constantly cut out,  I could live with web browsers and chromecast.     But as the reality is settling in,   I am satisfied only with the sparse content In the ROKU collection.   I have FLO PRO buyer's remorse.     

It is such an easy problem to fix, it can't be that hard to move content to ROKU & APPLE.

UPDATE:  I bypassed my router with an ethernet cable, and FLO web site is streaming much better.  Chromecast is stable.  I have > 10 MB download over wireless, and other web sites/apps work fine over wireless, so I can't completely vindicate FLO's video server.    But it makes sense to me now that a lot of people (with very high bandwidth) are streaming fine from FLO.

I still am anxious for FLO to move more content to the superior ROKU/APPLE platforms.

Edited by sequelsolutions7@gmail.com

22 hours ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

You’re welcome wrestling world. I have lobbied Flo at nauseum for about a year. 

I don’t see how to use split screen with an iPad

I will be watching with laptop to big screen as suggested..... only I just realized I don’t have the right chord for laptop I have......scheit. I have that HDMI with offset on laptop

I hope Flo figures out the way we can watch 2/4 mats from same tournament via Roku

5 hours ago, sequelsolutions7@gmail.com said:

I use chromecast, but it is only as good as the Flowrestling web video server.      My experience in watching  FLO on the web is terrible.   It is not a technical problem at my end, my internet service is excellent and I reliably stream all sorts of video services on apps and through the browser.

ROKU streaming of FLO works reliably.

I rejoined Flo Pro recently after years of sitting on sidelines because it looked like FLO was finally moving full events to the ROKU archive.    Well, after a few weeks of using the service, it's becoming clear that the ROKU content is still pretty nominal.    How much trouble would it be to put all FRL broadcasts on ROKU?   FLO only bother to put 1 in 5 shows.    Why aren't all full matches available on the web also on ROKU?

If the web video streams were reliable, they didn't constantly cut out,  I could live with web browsers and chromecast.     But as the reality is settling in,   I am satisfied only with the sparse content In the ROKU collection.   I have FLO PRO buyer's remorse.     

It is such an easy problem to fix, it can't be that hard to move content to ROKU & APPLE.

Who can educate me on Roku/Apple TV stuff? I am not sure how all this stuff works but I am Not sure why Flo can’t have 2/4 mats from same event or even say semi finals from 4 events on Roku/AppleTV. It’s not logical.

They show FRL with guys in Texas and Willie in PA on Roku. Do they stream the live FRL on Roku or just a replay? If it is live then they prove that they can have split screen from multiple locations streaming on Roku. 

I would assume that Flo sends the content to Roku and AppleTV so if they have the 4 mat content set up in Texas and send that to Roku as a selection under the event. Exaple Big Tens - Mat1, Mat2, Mat3, Mat4,  4 Mat View  (as opposed to the user on laptop making selection) then it should work. Where is my logic fatally flawed? 

Edited by jstock
Edit

streaming flo on a laptop to big screen TV w/HDMI (with gigabit internet speed at home) and getting a lot of buffering with EIWA quarters. Anybody else having issues?  Hasn't been a problem with the same setup this season....until they went to this new format/video player.

Edited by gromit

Sure,  Flo could choose to combine 2 or 4 mats on a ROKU stream.   But you are never going to be able to  configure which mats are on a stream.

The web interface is ideal for the ability of the user to combine mats on one screen.

ESPN allows combining mats on their web interface.    They also make available every mat as a separate stream on ROKU/APPLE.

I've used the HDMI cable method, it works quite well,   probably the best solution for many people.   The rub there is when you have to share your living space with a woman.    Cables running across the living room are bad for a happy home life.    Chromecast (with Chrome browser) has improved to the point where that method is just as effective as an HDMI cable, as long as you have excellent WIFI bandwidth.   A Chromecast dongle will set you back $35.  I just ordered a newer router, which I believe was my WIFI weak link.

I too wish Flo would put all their duals on the Roku platform as full event replays.  I cant always catch matches live but being able to watch them later in full is great.  Unfortunately, they don't post a lot of them on the Roku.

Knock on wood, but I had no issues streaming all 4 mats from the EIWAs today.  Thanks Flo and thanks Comcast.  

So this is what I was afraid of, wanted to watch all four Matt's for both Big 10 and Big 12, tested it with two other tournaments and got locked out of some streams. Flo, could you look into that for the future? I wanted to hook up my laptop to watch on two TVs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk