Jimmy Cinnabon

Is Shakur Rasheed overrated at #2?

I'm in.
I'll think of a good one for you. I promise.
Good luck. It feels weird to root against Rasheed. 

Yeah it must feel weird for you because you don’t even believe Venz will win. I know deep down inside you think Shak is better but you just want the action

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See folks, THIS is how you debate on TheMat forums - go back and forth, make your point, can get a little heated but don't take it to the next level of viciousness.  Rally together by the end and riff off each other.  Seriously, well done Housebuye and pish6969...

16 hours ago, pish6969 said:

He started out preseason at 5 and every guy ahead of him took multiple losses except for MyMar. He did wrestle 17 matches and is undefeated..

I can’t wait for this weekend. Once Shak beats Embree, dominates Venz and gives MyMar a tough match maybe it will shut people up..probably not

IF he does those things then his rank will be justified and ill have no qualm with it. 

16 hours ago, MSU158 said:

This isn’t about making excuses. This is about properly seeding guys based on their performance. Rasheed has wrestled exactly 2 matches  since January 13th, with one of those being against Buffalo’s 159th ranked Rill. 

Rasheed May very well prove to be deserving, but his limited resume along with missing a bulk of the B1G dual season makes seeding him there somewhat suspect. 

I agree but think you are being too nice. His seeding there is not suspect it is ridiculous.  If he went to Purdue, it would have never happened. Even if he runs the table & wins the national title, wins the Gorrarian Award, wins OW and is elected King, it still does not change the fact his body of work should not have had him seeded second.

One other small point to consider. You're a lot more likely to be undefeated if you don't wrestle anybody good. Some people seem to have a problem with that concept.

Edited by ConnorsDad
Spelling

There is a huge problem with putting people where you think they are realistically when their body of work doesn't warrant it. It's because people's biases come out. If Rashid was on another team there's no chance he would be seeded second. Here's one final point to consider. Have you ever noticed no matter who it is when there is a person like Rasheed, everybody's  "honest opinion" of where they belong is never in the bracket with the number one seed. Ever. Joe Smith, Rasheed, insert the name of somebody else. Some coach or talking head or anybody always finds a reason for them not to be the 4 seed or the 5 or the 8 or the 9 or you get the point.

If he went to Purdue, it would have never happened.

You sure about that? Trust me if Purdue had a 17-0 wrestler going into postseason you’d have a FLO documentary already out about it.

1 hour ago, pish6969 said:

You sure about that? Trust me if Purdue had a 17-0 wrestler going into postseason you’d have a FLO documentary already out about it.

Is there a Flo documentary about Jack Mueller?

8 hours ago, ConnorsDad said:

One other small point to consider. You're a lot more likely to be undefeated if you don't wrestle anybody good. Some people seem to have a problem with that concept.

But where is the hue and cry over Mike Carr. He is #1 in large part because he ducked McKenna. People need to be consistent, if there are going to be pages of threads lamenting Rasheed's seed, then show some consistency and do the same for Mike Carr. 

The reason nobody cries over Carr is he wrestles for Illinois, not Penn State. 

44 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

But where is the hue and cry over Mike Carr. He is #1 in large part because he ducked McKenna. People need to be consistent, if there are going to be pages of threads lamenting Rasheed's seed, then show some consistency and do the same for Mike Carr. 

and because McKenna ducked Carr while Lee lost to Moran who Carr beat.

4 minutes ago, ionel said:

and because McKenna ducked Carr while Lee lost to Moran who Carr beat.

True, but he still ducked his way to #1 and nobody cares about it, but Rasheed ... Rasheed !!!!!!!!

It's all good. Lol. 

12 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

True, but he still ducked his way to #1 and nobody cares about it, but Rasheed ... Rasheed !!!!!!!!

It's all good. Lol. 

Yes I suspect it'll all work out in the end, the better wrestler will find a way to win regardless of seed.  :)

34 minutes ago, ionel said:

Yes I suspect it'll all work out in the end, the better wrestler will find a way to win regardless of seed.  :)

It always sorts out. Today is like Christmas morning. I have already watched a half dozen great matches at PIAA's AAA semis, EIWA's, and soon Big10's! 

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

Seeing as the original post is about Rasheed being ranked 2nd by intermat, is why this is about Rasheed and not Carr... but if you want to start a thread about how Lee should be seeded ahead of Carr despite losing to someone he beat, im sure  there are people who would agree with you.

Edited by Molsen

11 minutes ago, Molsen said:

Seeing as the original post is about Rasheed being ranked 2nd by intermat, is why this is about Rasheed and not Carr... but if you want to start a thread about how Lee should be seeded ahead of Carr despite losing to someone he beat, im sure  there are people who would agree with you.

Did the three pages (in addition to the same complaining in other threads) crying about Rasheed's seed accomplish anything? He still got the 2 seed just as expected when the pre seeds came out. 

5 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

There is but this thread does not deal with him. And finding another case doesn't make this one wrong does it?

4 hours ago, ConnorsDad said:

There is but this thread does not deal with him. And finding another case doesn't make this one wrong does it?

The seeding committee think Shak should be #2 seed doesn't make that wrong either. The complainers just have a different opinion. So either the seed is correct which will be evidenced when Rasheed beats Venz, or it is incorrect which will be evidenced by a Venz victory. Now, I know someone will reply all about criteria this, season record that. It truly can be as simple as the seeding committee looked at everyone's complete record and they believe Rasheed deserved the #2 seed. 

Also, the sheer volume of complaints about Rasheed's seed dwarf those of Carr, and no wrestler has been hurt more by a now already known bad seed than Nick Lee having to wrestle McKenna one round early. But it is what it is, and he will do fine. Not going to waste time complaining all day  week long about it. 

3 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

The seeding committee think Shak should be #2 seed doesn't make that wrong either. The complainers just have a different opinion. So either the seed is correct which will be evidenced when Rasheed beats Venz, or it is incorrect which will be evidenced by a Venz victory. Now, I know someone will reply all about criteria this, season record that. It truly can be as simple as the seeding committee looked at everyone's complete record and they believe Rasheed deserved the #2 seed. 

Also, the sheer volume of complaints about Rasheed's seed dwarf those of Carr, and no wrestler has been hurt more by a now already known bad seed than Nick Lee having to wrestle McKenna one round early. But it is what it is, and he will do fine. Not going to waste time complaining all day  week long about it. 

On a side note, where the hell is Jimmy Cinnabon? He went radio silent on the 2nd biggest weekend of the year