Jimmy Cinnabon

Is Shakur Rasheed overrated at #2?

1 minute ago, pish6969 said:

Here is my final take to ALL the crybabies!!

I stood out in front of the Shak thing all year telling anyone that would listen Flo had it wrong and every other ranking service had it right.

I came here put a sig bet on the line and even proposed posting privileges as a bet. All the crybabies and haters were too scared!! Bottom line

I don’t sit on the fence and have an easy way out. I put it on the line. 2 predictions. 2 underdogs by most people’s account and I picked them both

So show some f-ing respect or got get your f-ing shine boxes!!!

This man is the undefeated champ lately. 

6 minutes ago, pish6969 said:

Go cry somewhere else. Flos ranking was **** and the seed held

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely not crying. Dont have a dog in the fight, since my team sucks. But ranking soley because he goes to psu is the wrong way to go about it. And ranking because "he hasnt lost" when he also hadnt wrestled anyone in the top 10, also doesnt make sense. Rankings are done by data, seedings are done by previous matches. None of which favored him. But good job on him coming and getting it done. Luckily for the fans of wrestling, psu wrestlers arent as bad as their fans. I enjoy watching them wrestle, you guys though... could use some humility 

Just now, BigTenFanboy said:

I am

Good for you.  But, that wasn't the point of my post.  Do you really think a majority of the wrestling community was picking Venz?  Not likely.  So, your point doesn't have any merit when I was simply comparing the 2 with the most diehard PSU fans on here.  By chance, were you one of those arguing strong for Lee back then and that is why you are responding this way??

Myles Martin needs to be worried tomorrow. Very worried.

Not because 2High Seed Rasheed is any good, but because he is LUCKY! Anyone that can come thru the bracket while only being deserving of like a 6 seed, you gotz to worry about that man. 

Because hes better than them. The other ranking systems seemed to recognize that.

You need to use actual data to be consistently right when doing rankings. Otherwise Dake would have been ranked behind taylor even after beating him.

Just now, MSU158 said:

Good for you.  But, that wasn't the point of my post.  Do you really think a majority of the wrestling community was picking Venz?  Not likely.  So, your point doesn't have any merit when I was simply comparing the 2 with the most diehard PSU fans on here.  By chance, were you one of those arguing strong for Lee back then and that is why you are responding this way??

No because I didnt predict Lee to beat McKenna this time around, nor did I predict to win in the dual.

Just now, Molsen said:

You need to use actual data to be consistently right when doing rankings. Otherwise Dake would have been ranked behind taylor even after beating him.

They did. They like Rasheed better than Venz and the others. 

1 minute ago, Molsen said:

So according to you all the other rankings were wrong... the results speak for themselves.

I'm  as pro flo as you can get, but they goofed on this one.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

1 minute ago, TBar1977 said:

Myles Martin needs to be worried tomorrow. Very worried.

Not because 2High Seed Rasheed is any good, but because he is LUCKY! Anyone that can come thru the bracket while only being deserving of like a 6 seed, you gotz to worry about that man. 

Pure luck

3 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

So according to you all the other rankings were wrong... the results speak for themselves.

And after today he should be ranked ahead. Before, there was no data that really pointed to that. Just because it worked out doesnt make it right. Rankings are not predictions.

Ive even said penn state has 8 guys that could potentially be finalists at the ncaas. Shak being one of them. He is that good. Does not mean he should be ranked that high without data to back it up.

Edited by Molsen

7 minutes ago, Molsen said:

Definitely not crying. Dont have a dog in the fight, since my team sucks. But ranking soley because he goes to psu is the wrong way to go about it. And ranking because "he hasnt lost" when he also hadnt wrestled anyone in the top 10, also doesnt make sense. Rankings are done by data, seedings are done by previous matches. None of which favored him. But good job on him coming and getting it done. Luckily for the fans of wrestling, psu wrestlers arent as bad as their fans. I enjoy watching them wrestle, you guys though... could use some humility 

False, rankings are done by gut instinct and then quasi "defended" by data that agrees with your hypothesis.

When your rankings dont work out, they're bad rankings.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

3 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

False, rankings are done by gut instinct and then quasi "defended" by data that agrees with your hypothesis.

When your rankings dont work out, they're bad rankings.

*most rankings are done with data. Some national college wrestling rankings are done by gut feeling. Thats why some rankings guys predictions are different then their actual rankings, which happens a lot.

Edited by Molsen

2 minutes ago, Molsen said:

*most rankings are done with data. Some national college wrestling rankings are done by gut feeling.

All rankings are done by gut feeling first. They just dont tell you that part.

Otherwise wrestlestat is the best ranking system out there.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

*most rankings are done with data. Some national college wrestling rankings are done by gut feeling.

Well every ranking other than Flo had Shak at 2..Intermat, Win, USA, coaches, wrestlestat, awn, track..ever heard of them?

Just now, pish6969 said:

Well every ranking other than Flo had Shak at 2..Intermat, Win, USA, coaches, wrestlestat, awn..ever best of them?

There is a serious flaw when you move up someone when they havent wrestled a top 10 wrestler, like with shak. It worked out for him, but shows incentive for returning aas to miss big time matches, in order to move up. Thats the problem. Thats why I like mma rankings where you actually have to beat people to move up, and thats why a team like UCF doesnt make the playoffs in football.

1 minute ago, Molsen said:

There is a serious flaw when you move up someone when they havent wrestled a top 10 wrestler, like with shak. It worked out for him, but shows incentive for returning aas to miss big time matches, in order to move up. Thats the problem. Thats why I like mma rankings where you actually have to beat people to move up, and thats why a team like UCF doesnt make the playoffs in football.

He should have never been ranked that low in the first place. That's where your line of thinking is flawed. If he was ranked 2 from the get go, he would never have to move up.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

He should have never been ranked that low in the first place. That's where your line of thinking is flawed. If he was ranked w from the get go, he would never have to move up.

There was no reason to rank him ahead of returning all Americans who placed at that weight, and higher then his 7th place. The only arguement he had was he goes to penn state. But with that argument, schnupp should be ranked top 8

4 minutes ago, Molsen said:

There was no reason to rank him ahead of returning all Americans who placed at that weight, and higher then his 7th place. The only arguement he had was he goes to penn state. But with that argument, schnupp should be ranked top 8

False, becuase no one thinks Schnupp is 8th best in the country. Most people thought Shakur was 2nd best in the country.

If wrestler is ranked below someone they're better than, that's a flawed system.

Point is, sticking to a ranking system that is purely objective causes loopholes. Loopholes in rankings are bad. Subjectivity and gut feeling makes for the best rankings.

Edited by BigTenFanboy