TBar1977

Kerkvliet at Dimitriev Memorial

Kerkvliet was in a round robin when he met up with a tough Russian junior. He injured his left knee and defaulted. He did look to be bearing weight pretty well so hopefully the injury will be minimal. 

Aaron Brooks and Gabe Tagg are also there.

59 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Ha just posed this on the college forum. Didn’t see your post

he looked ok post match, but knee injuries are weird. Hopefully he didn’t tear anything 

I have seen guys with torn ACL bear weight pretty well, so hard to know just from watching a guy walk in a straight line. 

1) Crap.

2) Awesome sportsmanship by the Russian

3) Slick arm drag to outside trip by the Russian to get the first 4

4) Kerk is huge. He looks on camera like he can probably only drop 7-15 pounds, and he isn't done adding mass yet (or possibly height??). How tall is he? I haven't really seen him up close before other than the match with Steveson last year. They are going to have some battles....

4 hours ago, Hubbard said:

What the hell was she trying to give him?

It doesn't make any sense since he was awake but I'm almost positive after watching it a dozen times that it was an ammonia capsule. I'm not saying America is perfect and we don't know everything about training, rehab and what have you, but I've traveled a lot overseas and some things that are done in other countries as far as athletic training, injury rehab, etc. are almost laughable. In fact they're not almost, they are just downright hilarious.

15 hours ago, ConnorsDad said:

It doesn't make any sense since he was awake but I'm almost positive after watching it a dozen times that it was an ammonia capsule. I'm not saying America is perfect and we don't know everything about training, rehab and what have you, but I've traveled a lot overseas and some things that are done in other countries as far as athletic training, injury rehab, etc. are almost laughable. In fact they're not almost, they are just downright hilarious.

She may have been applying a leech to suck out the bad blood from the injury.

50 minutes ago, AIW-HS said:

How did Brooks fare?

He lost to Abakarov 10-0. That guy is a very good wrestler. I think he has beaten Gonzorig from Mongolia and I think he was Junior World runner up (to Mehki Lewis) last year at 74Kg. It was over quick with a bunch of turns.