Sign in to follow this  
Housebuye

EIWA Tournament

Starts today at 11am EST on Flo 

Pretty stacked tournament this year. It is likely going to come down to Cornell or Lehigh per usual, but Princeton could place 2nd if another team under performs and they overperform. Due to how weak the lower end of the EIWA is, just 1 or 2 upsets in a weight is a ton of points. 

Between Lehigh and Cornell, it is close. It could very well come down to 184, where Max Dean, Ryan Preisch and Lou Deprez are all about even money for the title. Deprez will get Preisch in the semis, so Dean only has to eat one of them. 

Glory vs Vito should be another good match

Kodzik will likely gave the chance to avenge his weird loss which matters for ncaa seeding. 

Brucki vs Honis vs Caywood is solid too

This is the most interesting EIWAs in awhile. Parity is a good thing. 

3 minutes ago, Sublime607 said:

Just posted at the same time you did. Any radio links you know of? I’m thinking about going tomorrow and watching but would like to listen while I work today.

I looked at a couple twitter pages and schedules. Haven’t found an audio link outside of Flo

20 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Flo is horrible. One still camera shooting very wide. One announcer for four mats. Stream keeps cutting out.

My stream has been perfect. Only 1 announcer but he's pretty damn good.

The EIWA is horrible. Half the teams wouldn't be in the USA top 25 for High Schools. The fan support is nowhere. Sacred Heart  would have a hard time placing in the PA middle school tournament. Hofstra is fully funded and just pathetic from where they were years ago. Franklin and Marshall and Harvard can combine their teams and probably wouldn't score more then 10 team points. Army and Navy are at a all-time low. Tournament stinks! 

The EIWA is horrible. Half the teams wouldn't be in the USA top 25 for High Schools. The fan support is nowhere. Sacred Heart  would have a hard time placing in the PA middle school tournament. Hofstra is fully funded and just pathetic from where they were years ago. Franklin and Marshall and Harvard can combine their teams and probably wouldn't score more then 10 team points. Army and Navy are at a all-time low. Tournament stinks! 
Army is on an upswing, certainly not an all time low.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, cjc007 said:

Army is on an upswing, certainly not an all time low.

9 minutes ago, moveurfeet32 said:

And you sir are what’s wrong with the sport got a good team race going with Cornell Lehigh and Princeton hanging tuff. Appreciate what each guy is doing to try and get team points towards a title.

12 minutes ago, moveurfeet32 said:

That Army team is the only one with all ten guys through.

Love that Army went 10-0 in round one. Really well done. 

This is a race guys. The top 3 are all in this. Princeton needs their 3 guys in the consis to pick up some bonus if they want to win this thing. I wish their heavyweight wasn’t so terrible. 

30 minutes ago, moveurfeet32 said:

I assure you they would all easily be top 25 high school teams. 

1 hour ago, moveurfeet32 said:

Wouldn't say the EIWA is horrible... but I would say it is not the deepest conference in the country.  Is anyone prepared to say the ACC is the best conference?

Conference Schools AQs AQs/School 125 133 141 149 157 165 174 184 197 285
ACC 6 37 6.17 2 4 4 4 4 4 3 5 4 3
Big Ten 14 78 5.57 9 8 9 6 9 9 8 8 5 7
Big 12 12 53 4.42 5 5 6 7 1 6 5 5 7 6
Pac-12 5 17 3.40 3 2 1 2 2 1 1 1 2 2
MAC 8 27 3.38 4 3 4 1 5 1 2 2 1 4
EIWA 16 47 2.94 4 4 3 5 6 4 5 6 6 4
EWL 7 14 2.00 1 2 1 1 1 3 1 1 1 2
So Conn 7 13 1.86 1 1 1 2 1 1 2 1 2 1
AQs 75 286 3.81 29 29 29 28 29 29 27 29 28 29

Just shows you how bad this 16 team tournament is. Army who lost to Wyoming by 20 is sending all 10 wrestlers to Quarterfinals. 
All ten to quarterfinals? If they advance all 10 to semis, then you may have an argument for a weak tournament.

22 minutes ago, moveurfeet32 said:

Just shows you how bad this 16 team tournament is. Army who lost to Wyoming by 20 is sending all 10 wrestlers to Quarterfinals. 

Personally I just enjoy the sport And watching it no matter the product put in front of me. Always a hidden gem even in the least likely places.

1 hour ago, moveurfeet32 said:

The EIWA is down as a conference this year when compared to years past when it was a bit more talent-laden.  But let's be serious.  I don't think there are many physical education majors in the Ivy League or at Army, Navy, Lehigh, Bucknell, etc.  Also, which schools in the EIWA can give athletic scholarships for wrestling other than Lehigh?  If so, how many scholarships do they even award?  

The EIWA will never be the Big 10 for academic reasons and financial reasons.  

Its a weird time to talk **** about the talent in EIWA. 

125 - 2 AA threats 

133 - 1 serious threat, 1 darkhorse

141 - returning champ

149 - returning 3rd placer

157 - 2ish ranked, dark horse AA contenders

165 - weak

174 - 2 former AAs and 1 guy who is 10-15ish

184 - 1 returning AA, 2 additional AA contenders

197 - 2 top 8 ranked guys, both AA contenders

285 - 1 top 10 guy, 3 darkhorse AA contenders

I'd be surprised if the EIWA ended up with less than 10 AAs, and they may end up with 15