LordNelson

Whiskey Gross Dakota Rumors are a swirling

When I was out West strolling down the sidewalks of Milwaukee heard a rumor that Bono is in a little hot water.

Seems he's been recruiting before the new portal basically instigating Gross to stay "injured" and transfer for next season.

Hundreds of texts and phone calls on record could sink the ship before it floats for Bono/Wisconsin.  Some allegations as to some financial fumblings on his way out as well regarding the RTC that could be considered a felonious act of theft.  

Like I said, just streets of Milwaukee talk. 

When I was out West strolling down the sidewalks of Milwaukee heard a rumor that Bono is in a little hot water.
Seems he's been recruiting before the new portal basically instigating Gross to stay "injured" and transfer for next season.
Hundreds of texts and phone calls on record could sink the ship before it floats for Bono/Wisconsin.  Some allegations as to some financial fumblings on his way out as well regarding the RTC that could be considered a felonious act of theft.  

Like I said, just streets of Milwaukee talk. 

Where there’s smoke there’s fire, I’ve heard similar things about Bono and Reader

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope he was smart about this and did everything by the book. I don't really care if he recruited Gross, as long as it was done within the confines of the rules. 

If he did anything shady financially with the RTC, that could have legal repercussions, not just NCAA. Wisconsin can't allow for a head coach to be on staff with serious shadiness on the financial side. It hurts them more than even a national champ wrestling team helps them. We don't have leverage like football coaches do. We are a money suck. He will be gone quickly if there is truth to this.

47 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

I hope he was smart about this and did everything by the book. I don't really care if he recruited Gross, as long as it was done within the confines of the rules. 

If he did anything shady financially with the RTC, that could have legal repercussions, not just NCAA. Wisconsin can't allow for a head coach to be on staff with serious shadiness on the financial side. It hurts them more than even a national champ wrestling team helps them. We don't have leverage like football coaches do. We are a money suck. He will be gone quickly if there is truth to this.

If he recruited Gross, then it can't be in the confines of the rules (obviously if it was done after entering the transfer system it's ok). Pretty sure you can't recruit a guy on another team.

I am curious about the RTC financials.

The RTCs are separate legal entities so he would only require approval from their board to do something regarding finances.  Is the school and RTC intermingling funds?  Or do they have discounts that were extended based on certain expectations?  Did he mislead the RTC board and get them to approve something knowing he was leaving? 

Without knowing anything about the accusations, it sounds like lump sum payments were made to people which seemed reasonable but they were made right before everyone jumped ship.

Bono is his former coach. Probably have a good connection. Gross was injured/ill an most likely they talked a fair amount and kept in touch as he worked through the mental hassles associated with major health issues and what they do to a career.

Might be nothing more than that. Friendship and concern for one of the kids he was coaching before the move.

11 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

The Streets of Milwaukee? Is this a 1970's era cop show redux?

[music: funk/swing fusion]

[narrator] "The Streets of Milwaukee...a Quinn Martin production"
"Starring Karl Malden...also starring Michael Douglas"
"Special guest star, Chris Bono"
..."Tonight's Episode: 'Gross Negligence'"

10 hours ago, ConnorsDad said:

If he recruited Gross, then it can't be in the confines of the rules (obviously if it was done after entering the transfer system it's ok). Pretty sure you can't recruit a guy on another team.

Probably comes down to defining recruiting. I’m sure he and/or Bono would legitimately close with Gross. I’m sure they talked quite a bit after Bono left. Gross owes a lot to Bono and Bono to Gross. Same with Reader. 

Does that count as recruiting him? What if he never said he should come to wisconsin? Etc

i don’t know the rules about this stuff, but I imagine it doesn’t ban an athlete from speaking with their mentor. Maybe it does

1 minute ago, Housebuye said:

Probably comes down to defining recruiting. I’m sure he and/or Bono would legitimately close with Gross. I’m sure they talked quite a bit after Bono left. Gross owes a lot to Bono and Bono to Gross. Same with Reader. 

Does that count as recruiting him? What if he never said he should come to wisconsin? Etc

i don’t know the rules about this stuff, but I imagine it doesn’t ban an athlete from speaking with their mentor. Maybe it does

Correct. That's why I said recruited. Like some other poster said if he's telling him to stay injured and they'll get him another year and then come to Wisconsin that's illegal as hell but yes he certainly can talk to him.

Hope its not true because I am a huge fan of bono/reader and what they are starting to do over in Madison.  But damn if this isnt some juicy info.  My opinion just makes me think of the quote from Dark Knight "some people just want to watch the world burn."