Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
KCMO2

MAC's on ESPN+

Recommended Posts

Flynn and Koelling lose on last second td's.  Everyone else looked good though.  Guess 8 champs isn't in the cards this year.  

IF they take 3rd, they'll both need WC's, and will finish 2 spots below AQ.  They might have royally screwed themselves.

Edited by tigerfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elam must be a complete lazy ass in the room.  He gasses every match late.  He's smaller and lighter than 95% of the other heavies, and he's the one that dies late.   He just went full-BarlowMcGhee in a single season.

Edited by KCMO2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, tigerfan said:

Flynn and Koelling lose on last second td's.  Everyone else looked good though.  Guess 8 champs isn't in the cards this year.  

IF they take 3rd, they'll both need WC's, and will finish 2 spots below AQ.  They might have royally screwed themselves.

Could possibly get a chance to wrestle for true 2nd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tigerfan said:

Hwt from SIUE was 0-6 entering the tourney, now he's in the finals. Ya gotta love this sport.

There are 2 McKiernan brothers on SIU's team at 285..  Jake is a senior and is 0-6, but Colton is the one competing in the MAC tournament and is 20-11.  I got confused on that too.  Elam beat the 0-6 brother earlier in the season, not the one he lost to (in pitiful fashion) today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man I was so high on Elam. He clearly is super talented. Heavyweight true freshman are not supposed to be ranked for most of the season. 

Man his cardio is terrible. I am sure he works hard and I’m sure the coaches have tried to fix it. I don’t think he is lazy. It’s just crazy to see for someone who is that good. He is an AA threat if he had a good gas tank. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Housebuye said:

Man I was so high on Elam. He clearly is super talented. Heavyweight true freshman are not supposed to be ranked for most of the season. 

Man his cardio is terrible. I am sure he works hard and I’m sure the coaches have tried to fix it. I don’t think he is lazy. It’s just crazy to see for someone who is that good. He is an AA threat if he had a good gas tank. 

Bad consequence of Mizzou not having an adequate 285 in the room - He should have been Redshirted which was the original plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elam could beat Myers, but I also believe Myers was hurt for quite a while.  He wrestled on Nov. 10, but didn't wrestle again until Feb. 2, when he won the Lindenwood Open.  None of Mizzou's other hwt's are viable options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Koelling will need an at large.  Great Job by Jaques.  

Good to see Punke, Flynn, and Elam come back through.  Still, Mizzou is going to need to step it up if they are going to even crack the top 10.  

Excluding Lewis, from 165 and up they will all be out by the 2nd round of consi.  Wiseman needs more offense if he is going to get more than 1 win.  Punke I think will be really good down the road but a 4th in the MAC equates to a 2-2 at best for the freshman, with a good draw.  So even if they do get all 10 though, only 5 are going to score any real points the way they wrestled this weekend.  I thought they would look better after how flat they looked against ISU. Erneste looks good, but he is in a brutal weight.  It will be hard to get past the round of 12 for him.  Eirman and Lewis are top 4, and Mauller could finish 6-8.  Jaques is also going to be really good, but I don't see the freshman getting past the round of 12 this year.  As a huge Mizzou fan, it pains me to say that we may have peaked too soon.  It is a very young team and it is a long college season.  I just hope we can crack the top 10. 

I would be nice to take maybe redshirt all of those guys next year.  Especially if Eirman decided to take an Oly redshirt.  That could set Mizzou up to potentially crack the top 4 for a couple of years in a row.  Especially, with Toole coming in also. They would be pretty tough because that would put Punke, Mauller, Jaques, Eireman, Toole, and Elam all rolling back into the lineup at the same time in 2021.  Throw in Mocco and that is a pretty strong 7 that I can think of off the top of my head. I am sure I am missing someone.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scramble said:

Looks like Koelling will need an at large.  Great Job by Jaques.  

Good to see Punke, Flynn, and Elam come back through.  Still, Mizzou is going to need to step it up if they are going to even crack the top 10.  

Excluding Lewis, from 165 and up they will all be out by the 2nd round of consi.  Wiseman needs more offense if he is going to get more than 1 win.  Punke I think will be really good down the road but a 4th in the MAC equates to a 2-2 at best for the freshman, with a good draw.  So even if they do get all 10 though, only 5 are going to score any real points the way they wrestled this weekend.  I thought they would look better after how flat they looked against ISU. Erneste looks good, but he is in a brutal weight.  It will be hard to get past the round of 12 for him.  Eirman and Lewis are top 4, and Mauller could finish 6-8.  Jaques is also going to be really good, but I don't see the freshman getting past the round of 12 this year.  As a huge Mizzou fan, it pains me to say that we may have peaked too soon.  It is a very young team and it is a long college season.  I just hope we can crack the top 10. 

I would be nice to take maybe redshirt all of those guys next year.  Especially if Eirman decided to take an Oly redshirt.  That could set Mizzou up to potentially crack the top 4 for a couple of years in a row.  Especially, with Toole coming in also. They would be pretty tough because that would put Punke, Mauller, Jaques, Eireman, Toole, and Elam all rolling back into the lineup at the same time in 2021.  Throw in Mocco and that is a pretty strong 7 that I can think of off the top of my head. I am sure I am missing someone.

 

 

 

Malik will fit in there somewhere. 133?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...