SetonHallPirate

Wrestlers who earned AQ slots, but will need an at-large bid

Flynn and Koeling both lost having the matches so close in the end.  Both lost in the final seconds.  I felt Flynn was asleep at the wheel.  He hadn't had a single shot taken on him the entire match and it was about to go to OT on 2 escapes and hands to the face.  The kid just hit a straight on shot and Flynn didn't move his feet.  Asleep at the wheel.  Koeling just got caught on his heel when he dropped to attack. Him dropping and not penetrating got him caught.  I don't think it was a horrible match jut a split second error with 2 seconds left on the clock.  He dropped down and got drove back over his heels.  Flynn should be fine, but Koelling is in trouble with having one allocation only in that weight.  His allocations.   His only chance is if he gets to wrestle for a true second if that is even possible. Otherwise, he isn't getting in.  And that is a long shot at that.

42 minutes ago, scramble said:

Flynn and Koeling both lost having the matches so close in the end.  Both lost in the final seconds.  I felt Flynn was asleep at the wheel.  He hadn't had a single shot taken on him the entire match and it was about to go to OT on 2 escapes and hands to the face.  The kid just hit a straight on shot and Flynn didn't move his feet.  Asleep at the wheel.  Koeling just got caught on his heel when he dropped to attack. Him dropping and not penetrating got him caught.  I don't think it was a horrible match jut a split second error with 2 seconds left on the clock.  He dropped down and got drove back over his heels.  Flynn should be fine, but Koelling is in trouble with having one allocation only in that weight.  His allocations.   His only chance is if he gets to wrestle for a true second if that is even possible. Otherwise, he isn't getting in.  And that is a long shot at that.

Flynn earned the only MAC allocation at 165, so he'll need a bid to get in too. As far as getting a bid over someone who placed above you, that happened last year with Barlow McGhee. He took 4th at the MAC, and 125 only had 2 allocations. He got a bid to nationals, but the guy who beat him (Drew Hildebrandt) didn't. I don't remember the exact reasoning, but something about Barlow having better wins or more quality wins? Doesn't make much sense to me, but nonetheless, you can get a bid over someone who placed above you.

There must have been "true 2nd" place matches at Pac-12 as Pengilly (Stanford) is on this list despite being shown as 2nd place on Track.

As Track does not show the results of these matches, where can the results of these "true matches" be found ?

There must have been "true 2nd" place matches at Pac-12 as Pengilly (Stanford) is on this list despite being shown as 2nd place on Track.

As Track does not show the results of these matches, where can the results of these "true matches" be found ?

Press release shows Pengilly getting the AQ as the 2nd place winner.

https://pac-12.com/article/2019/03/09/stanford-captures-first-pac-12-wrestling-title

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, lu_alum said:

They usually show them in the PAC -12 press release following the event.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks.

I don't know why they can't show these results on the bracket (like MAC does) as they are NCAA qualification matches.  You shouldn't have to search for press releases to find these results.  Only in wrestling.  

Two questions.  First regarding Moisey, anyone know if he is likely to be okay for NCAA and is he pretty likely to get wild card if so?

In 141, Nebraska wrestling twitter saying Parrish now one win away from auto qualification in the 9th place bracket.  I assume that is wrong since only 8 go at that weight?  What is the purpose of 9th place tourney when 8 go?   

Thanks in advance.  

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 7:20 PM, scramble said:

Koelling has wins this year over both guys who finished ahead of him which could aid his cause for an at large bid.