TBar1977

Big Ten Session 1 Thread

Just now, VakAttack said:

I looked away, what happened in Skatzka-Labs?  Also, I only saw the last minute of Wilcke-Parker, was Parker stalling that badly?

Last second TD to put it into OT. Minny got the TD to the back and ultimately got the fall. Labs held onto the leg too long and Statzka used it as an anchor to plant him on his shoulders

1 minute ago, TBar1977 said:

Skatzka Labs match of the tournament!!!!!!!!!

Hell of a match, but a few borderline calls all going Minnesota's way in that one. Hoping Labs keeps his head up after that effort.

I looked away, what happened in Skatzka-Labs?  Also, I only saw the last minute of Wilcke-Parker, was Parker stalling that badly?

Lab had an insane last second scramble into body lock takedown to take it to OT, then there was a crazy scramble off a skaz shot in OT where labriola locked up a cradle but couldnt get the TD and ended up getting taken over himself for a danger count and a fall.  Insane end to the match, what a tournament so far!

Skatzka was up 4-2 with less than 10 seconds to go when he gets in on a good shot but Labriola granbys out of it taking Skatzka straight to his back in the process. I thought he might even get back points but time expired. They go to OT where Skatzka gets a cradle taking Labriola to his back for the TD and back points for the win. 

The body lock straight to the back for Labriola could have easily been a two count for the win. Penalty point against him to start to 3rd really hurt in this one. Hats off to Skatzka for fighting off that cradle for the win in OT.