TBar1977

Big Ten Session 1 Thread

16 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

He's a clown and the sport of wrestling can do without him and his disrespectful behavior towards other wrestlers. He would a be kneeler during the national anthem for sure as a football player.

Oh ok. Thanks for showing for true colors

22 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

He's a clown and the sport of wrestling can do without him and his disrespectful behavior towards other wrestlers. He would a be kneeler during the national anthem for sure as a football player.

Racist much?!?!  

48 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

Then why doesn't he kneel as a wrestler? 

The National Anthem IS played before duals and during tournaments...

true colors??? It's called RESPECT. There are young wrestlers watching these events all across the country. It's not the way to behave, whether one loses or wins. Thankfully there are many more Nolf's, Nickels and Mymars for the youth to look up to than the few who enjoy acting foolishly.

3 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

true colors??? It's called RESPECT. There are young wrestlers watching these events all across the country. It's not the way to behave, whether one loses or wins. Thankfully there are many more Nolf's, Nickels and Mymars for the youth to look up to than the few who enjoy acting foolishly.

Get off your high horse man. 

Just now, Perry said:

Which part did you guys not like? The hand gestures towards his fan base? The response/dance to stoll speaking to him first? How do you know Stoll didnt instigate the celebration? 

Stoll started the whole thing with a low key hand jive. Somebody think about the kids!

24 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

Do you say that when coaches are acting like a fool in the corners also or yelling and screaming at the refs. Young  wrestlers are watching them also. 

Edited by Bigboi Trained

Only thing I'm upset about from that session is Carr getting the #1 seed and the implications it has on Lee/Mckenna for NCAA's after their semi finals match...Stoll-Gable antics were fun to watch.  Got a kick out of Gable's stare down shuffle prior to the match starting

11 minutes ago, portajohn said:

Only thing I'm upset about from that session is Carr getting the #1 seed and the implications it has on Lee/Mckenna for NCAA's after their semi finals match...Stoll-Gable antics were fun to watch.  Got a kick out of Gable's stare down shuffle prior to the match starting

I think as long as the winner of the Lee/McKenna match gets 1st and the loser gets 3rd they will probably be the 2/3 seeds at NCAAs

2019 Big Ten Championships
Team Standings after quarters

Penn State 77
Minnesota 52.5
Ohio State 52.5
Michigan 45
Nebraska 42.5
Iowa 33
Wisconsin 26
Rutgers 22.5
Northwestern 19.5
Purdue 16
Michigan State 14
Illinois 13.5
Indiana 4
Maryland 0

12 minutes ago, OBXWrestler said:

I think as long as the winner of the Lee/McKenna match gets 1st and the loser gets 3rd they will probably be the 2/3 seeds at NCAAs

Curious to see if they rank Eierman 3rd at NCAA's if Mckenna beats Lee.  

1 hour ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Suriano got turned for 2 by Lizak. First time he's given up nearfall points in college I believe. Of course he ended up winning 10-2.

Yeah, I kinda said "huh" when he chose down with that lead against Lizak.  Not that it mattered much after dominating. 

133 is nuts.  I wonder how the wrestlebacks will shake out.  I am not a Desanto or an Iowa hater but I am not sure he places top 4.  

26 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

2019 Big Ten Championships
Team Standings after quarters

Penn State 77
Minnesota 52.5
Ohio State 52.5
Michigan 45
Nebraska 42.5
Iowa 33
Wisconsin 26
Rutgers 22.5
Northwestern 19.5
Purdue 16
Michigan State 14
Illinois 13.5
Indiana 4
Maryland 0

We all need to take a beat and remember that Iowa are dual meet co-champions.