TBar1977

Big Ten Session 1 Thread

People celebrating a lot for not caring about Iowa or rooting against them....and also forgetting that these are not the final results?

It's funny to watch this happen every year with regards to people forgetting how wrestlebacks work

9 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

People celebrating a lot for not caring about Iowa or rooting against them....and also forgetting that these are not the final results?

It's funny to watch this happen every year with regards to people forgetting how wrestlebacks work

It's also funny, and surprising, that no matter how much of a non-factor they've become, people still love to hate on them

Edited by gromit

If you think they're a non-factor now, that's on you.  They are unlikely to win a team title (to say the very least) this year, but Penn State is going to smoke everybody at NCAAs.  They've been a factor every year at NCAAs Brands has been there except his first, including last year when they led the tournament in bonus points.

9 minutes ago, gromit said:

It's also funny, and surprising, that no matter how much of a non-factor they've become, people still love to hate on them

I read on HR how all the Flo announcers hate on them too. 

1 hour ago, ironmonkey said:

Yeah, I kinda said "huh" when he chose down with that lead against Lizak.  Not that it mattered much after dominating. 

133 is nuts.  I wonder how the wrestlebacks will shake out.  I am not a Desanto or an Iowa hater but I am not sure he places top 4.  

He didn't choose down against Lizak, he chosed neutral on the second period, Lizak chose top on the third.

21 minutes ago, Axe_Spartan said:

He didn't choose down against Lizak, he chosed neutral on the second period, Lizak chose top on the third.

Good call.  Had to go back and watch again.  I had the 4 mats up and was watching my 5 young nephews at the time.  I saw him start down and assumed it was his choice.  Glad to be rid of kids for the semis!  Thanks 

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

If you think they're a non-factor now, that's on you.  They are unlikely to win a team title (to say the very least) this year, but Penn State is going to smoke everybody at NCAAs.  They've been a factor every year at NCAAs Brands has been there except his first, including last year when they led the tournament in bonus points.

Hard for me to hate on them with all the PA kids filling into their roster.  If Kemerer was a go it would be half their lineup.