TBar1977

Big Ten Session 1 Thread

18 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Whew.  That was uninspiring.  But hey, he won!

FWIW, that was literally a mirror image of their first match this year. Scoreless first, Murin rideout, murin escape, Murin takedown in the 3rd to seal it. Limmex is pretty tough when he's on. He's beaten some good guys like Chad Red and Turk I think.

4 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I think that's wrong, he was originally listed as before this current match on Mat 1.  I think he got a FFT.

Not that it matters, TBar, since even if it was happening, apparently this Brolsma-Gunther match is never going to end.

VAN BRILL JUST THREW HAYES FOR THE FALL!!!!

Half way through session 1 review

ohio State has had a terrible round . The Hayes loss in the last couple seconds really hurts them  Hayes is going to have to start bonusing for Ohio state to place 2nd now. 133, 141, and 149 looking good for them though . Hopefully Malik can score some points

PSU has hardly wrestled because of byes, but RBY is  scary good and verge had more offense than earlier in the year. 

Michigan has looked fine but needs more bonus in these early rounds. Wins are nice but this round is critical on the bonus front

iowa has looked ok . Murin won a tough match . Lugo should’ve bonused more  

Minnesota is rolling . Hopefully the back half can keep up

1 hour ago, Perry said:

Moisey just got decked in 10 or so seconds

1 hour ago, aknipp said:

It was 18 seconds.  I was on floarena wondering what happened.  

49 minutes ago, flanders said:

Looked like his left shoulder popped out of socket.

Any update on Moisey? On the replay you can see him grabbing his shoulder while he was getting turned, and then pointing to it after the pin. I wonder if he will be able to continue the tournament.

EDIT: Also just heard that pin was the 2nd fastest in B1G tournament history (fastest was Kokesh over Massa 0:16 in the 174 quarterfinals in 2015).

Edited by pamela

One thing that's jumping out to me watching 4 matches at once is...the hands to the face rule has been pretty effective, even if I hate the current application.  You're just not seeing a lot of it right now, much more old school handfighting and ties.