okwrestle

Smith lays an egg

38 minutes ago, scramble said:

Hopefully, the 10-days or so will help him acclimate to the weight a little. Which it should.  If it does he should be able to reverse some of those losses.  

agreed.  in both of his loses he was looking good early...then faded badly in the third.

If seeded according to defined protocol, he should be somewhere in the 20-28 range for NCAA.

4-2 record at 165

0-2 record at 165 against those in the field

He is eligible for a CP ranking

Not eligible for RPI or Win Pct

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, TobusRex said:

Alright, a serious question: why do people use the term "laid an egg" as an INSULT? If Joe Smith, or John Smith, actually LAID AN EGG it would be nothing less than miraculous.

I wouldn't want to eat that egg, but that's beside the point.

That is one of the funniest posts I've ever read.

On 3/9/2019 at 3:37 PM, boconnell said:

Every report is that he made scratch weight.  No way to know since all the reports come from inside the program, so take it for what it's worth.

The OSU board is also saying John's dad (Joe's grandfather) died last night.  No way to tell what affect this had, but it's safe to assume it had some.  Hopefully he can bounce back in consis and qualify.  

I have to believe this affected Joe!!!!   Wish him the best in Pittsburgh....condolences to the Smith Family....I'm going to steal a Dave Schultz trademark here....it fits here too....."The Legend Lives On!"

Edited by fadzaev2

4-2 record. No RPI, quality wins, no bad losses. His seed is gonna be pretty much totally dependent on his coaches ranking. His coaches ranking plus his record puts him somewhere around a 20 seed I'd think, since coaches ranking is 15% of the criteria and RPI is only 10% and once you get outside the top 15 or so there aren't a whole lot of quality wins going around.  

Edited by ThatLogSchuteWasCarrying

"Alright, a serious question: why do people use the term "laid an egg" as an INSULT? If Joe Smith, or John Smith, actually LAID AN EGG it would be nothing less than miraculous."

I believe the term is a showbiz term, popularized by "Variety." An "egg" is like a zero. So laying an egg means you did nothing, as in got no box office or applause. 

"Alright, a serious question: why do people use the term "laid an egg" as an INSULT? If Joe Smith, or John Smith, actually LAID AN EGG it would be nothing less than miraculous."

I believe the term is a showbiz term, popularized by "Variety." An "egg" is like a zero. So laying an egg means you did nothing, as in got no box office or applause. 

The OP occurred after the QF loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk