TBar1977

Big Ten Session 2 Thread

9 minutes ago, russelscout said:

We're just gonna ignore the fact Rutgers got hit by 2 UC there then? Gotchya

No I am not and there's no love lost at least from me for Suriano but he, or whoever is wrestling Desanto, is human and, after all the **** he's pulled, sometimes it's just hard as hell not to overdo it a little bit. Wrong? Yes. Understandable? Somewhat. Did I like it?  Yes

10 minutes ago, TFBJR said:

Really - you put the most unsportsmanlike wrestler and coach in the country out there for Iowa and now you are whining when you get a little of it back your way.  Funniest thing I have ever heard.   Your tears are going great with my Midleton.  Really helping to bring out the flavor.   Thanks. 

Apparently.  Too.  

That's the funniest thing you have ever heard? 

It's not funny to you that Rutgers got hit with two UC and the Iowa wrestler still walked away as the bad guy in THIS MATCH? Give me a break. I'm not whining. Just pointing out blatant inconsistencies. 

Edited by russelscout

you all whining about the camera have never worked a table i bet... right?

most of the time they are just scrambling to get someone to keep score... that is at all levels...

but whatever... keep complaining...

Love Wisconsin corner.  Successfully working ref.  Saying Marinelli hasn't taken a shot when he was in deep less than thirty seconds before.  Meanwhile Wick gets rewarded for slapping at ankles and not penetrating... as well as reaching his feet but not even fighting hands.

well done.  Excellent job working the officials!

Edited by AHamilton

7 minutes ago, russelscout said:

That's the funniest thing you have ever heard? 

It's not funny to you that Rutgers got hit with two UC and the Iowa wrestler still walked away as the bad guy in THIS MATCH? Give me a break. I'm not whining. Just pointing out blatant inconsistencies. 

Rutgers walks away as the viligante hero. Iowa still the villian.

1 minute ago, LJB said:

most of the time they are just scrambling to get someone to keep score... that is at all levels...

Come on, man. How hard is it to point a camera at a mat?

Just now, AHamilton said:

Love Wisconsin corner.  Successfully working ref.  Saying Marinelli hasn't taken a shot when he was in deep less than thirty seconds before.  Meanwhile Wick gets rewarded for slapping at ankles and not penetrating... as well as reaching his feet but not even fighting hands.

Ah yes, and whoever was in the backround was accusing the ref of ruining the sport for not hitting The Bull with stalling. This of course as Wick sits on top and takes no risk at all.

2 minutes ago, LJB said:

I get that. Been there.

But this should be relatively 'big' time. B1G Conference Semi Finals - and we're looking at an empty mat and then later at just wrestlers shoes... sheesh

Just now, TobusRex said:

Come on, man. How hard is it to point a camera at a mat?

ever worked a table?

seriously... i've worked plenty at all levels...

i almost started a riot once because i was watching the wrestling instead of doing my job...

you can get distracted easily...

3 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Ah yes, and whoever was in the backround was accusing the ref of ruining the sport for not hitting The Bull with stalling. This of course as Wick sits on top and takes no risk at all.

Was it Bono (whom I like personally)? Wick stays parallel with the leg in.  Even locks up a cradle but no effort to get the turn.  Even when Bull gets the leg and works it like a high crotch  crackdown and is clearly trying to get a reversal we hear "Make him wrestle!"

It really looks like Wick's game plan was to win by stalling : On bottom- get to feet, don't fight hands... On top keep leg in and look for cradle without taking risks... on feet: slap at ankles but don't penetrate.

And lots of yelling about "make him wrestle!"

Edited by AHamilton

1 minute ago, AHamilton said:

Was it Bono (whom I like personally)? Wick stays parallel with the leg in.  Even locks up a cradle but no effort to get the turn.  Even when Bull gets the leg and works it like a high crotch  crackdown and is clearly trying to get a reversal we hear "Make him wrestle!"

Not a clue. Not a bad strategy though. It would make me sick, but given the right ref, Wick could win without actually scoring any points.