TBar1977

Big Ten Session 2 Thread

Just now, potentiallydangerous said:

What is the rationale for having two consolation quarterfinals losers re-wrestle the guy they already beat before entering a four man 9th place bracket?

Don't know. But here's another question: why bother having to wrestle for 9th place? There are only 8 AA slots, so how about nobody who finishes lower than 8th qualifying?

Just now, potentiallydangerous said:

What is the rationale for having two consolation quarterfinals losers re-wrestle the guy they already beat before entering a four man 9th place bracket?

makes no sense. initially I thought it was an error in the pairings

Just now, ConnorsDad said:

Cassar is a total lock, imo. Rasheed is just as deserving as some others they handed them out to. They'll be back next year, pretty sure. 

37 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Cassar looked as good as Steveson, don't ya think? But maybe Gable can turn it on when it counts.

Yes he did. Is it just me or is freestyle way more suited to Gable's skill-set than folkstyle? He's not as tall as some of the heavyweights so his top game is not the best. I couldn't get out of my mind the fact that he would have teched Stoll in freestyle but maybe I'm wrong.

It appears he could ride anyone for as long as he likes, but he gets bored and wants to get back to his feet.  From bottom, he's out fast.  I thought he might be ridden a while longer as a true freshman.  I can't remember him giving up a TD this year.  Maybe Cassar will take him down and ride him for a while. 

4 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

Not a chance.

Stoll was ranked #1 early season. Because he's a very big, dangerous, tough, technically sound dude. Cassar hasn't seen anything like him this year. Any of Cassar's blast double attempts would have been super interesting to see.

So - yes - I absolutely think Stoll would have taken out Cassar.

IMHO, of course.

3 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Stoll was ranked #1 early season. Because he's a very big, dangerous, tough, technically sound dude. Cassar hasn't seen anything like him this year. Any of Cassar's blast double attempts would have been super interesting to see.

So - yes - I absolutely think Stoll would have taken out Cassar.

IMHO, of course.

To be clear, the version of Stoll that wrestled at B1G's couldn't stop 11-19 Jacob Aven's "blast double".  He wasn't stopping Cassar from doing ANYTHING......

Just now, MSU158 said:

To be clear, the version of Stoll that wrestled at B1G's couldn't stop 11-19 Jacob Aven's "blast double".  He wasn't stopping Cassar from doing ANYTHING......

Let's be serious. The version of Stoll that wrestled Gable had some fight in him.

After that loss, I almost expected Stoll to leave his shoes on the mat and take an Uber back to Iowa to the Pizza Palace. 

1 minute ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Let's be serious. The version of Stoll that wrestled Gable had some fight in him.

After that loss, I almost expected Stoll to leave his shoes on the mat and take an Uber back to Iowa to the Pizza Palace. 

Not really.  He hand fought the same way, but gave up takedowns the same way.  When either Gable or Aven attacked, they scored.  Stoll had NO leg strength.  Unless Cassar took a shot from about 10' away, Stoll wasn't getting his legs back far enough to stop anything.

Trust me, this is coming from a guy that has believed all year that Stoll would come through when it counts.  It truly pains me to say this.  Sadly, the injuries will NOT let that happen.

24 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Not really.  He hand fought the same way, but gave up takedowns the same way.  When either Gable or Aven attacked, they scored.  Stoll had NO leg strength.  Unless Cassar took a shot from about 10' away, Stoll wasn't getting his legs back far enough to stop anything.

Trust me, this is coming from a guy that has believed all year that Stoll would come through when it counts.  It truly pains me to say this.  Sadly, the injuries will NOT let that happen.

Maybe you missed it, but Gable had to run Stoll into "Section 112", all the way across the mat and out of camera view for his 1st take down. That was heavy lifting.

No leg strength? NOPE - Stoll showed he had leg strength there. 

If that same match would have been against Cassar, I gotta think Stoll would have taken him out.

Edited by GreatWhiteNorth
Update

7 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Maybe you missed it, but Gable had to run Stoll into "Section 112", all the way across the mat and out of camera view for his 1st take down. That was heavy lifting.

No leg strength? NOPE - Stoll showed he had leg strength there. 

If that same match would have been against Cassar, I gotta think Stoll would have taken him out.

Again...

Imho, yho is a very very bad opinion.