TBar1977

Big Ten Session 2 Thread

37 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

I think Stoll would have taken out Cassar - I'm mostly sure you're not claiming that somehow I'm "wrong".

That would just be dumb. (Even with a couple 'very' prefixes)

Yes, you are wrong. Stoll imho wasnt even the best returning 285. Nevills is/was better than him. Yes Stoll beat him at NCAAs but Nevills beat him in the dual and at BigTens. Cassar's training partner is Nevills and he handled him at the Keystone Classic. Cassar is faster, more athletic, more technical and probably just as strong with greater functional. Hes more agile, more coordinated, more conditioned, more seasoned, better coached (zingggggggg) and just plain better in any and ever aspect of wrestling. Amongst the common opponenets they have faced, Cassar has done considerably better. Stoll would not take Cassar out, unless it was for a steak dinner.

6 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

I think Stoll would have taken out Cassar - I'm mostly sure you're not claiming that somehow I'm "wrong".

You calling anyone dumb is hysterical. Here's an opinion for you:

Stoll did nothing against Seveson except tie up and block off, that's why it was close. Cassar destroyed the guy that Stoll lost to.

Stoll has always been overrated and was the big beneficiary of the rule change a few years ago regarding stalling and out of bounds. The guy had next to no offense before factoring in any injuries. Probably the worst pre season #1 ranked wrestler the history of college wrestling. 

Of course that's just my opinion -  based on facts and logic. 

Edited by Flying-Tiger

Team Scores at the end of Session 2:
PSU - 131
Ohio St - 111.5
Nebraska - 84
Iowa - 83.5
Minnesota - 76.5
- All Others Are Out of the Title Hunt -
Wisconsin - 63.5
Michigan - 62.5
Rutgers - 45.5
NW - 43.5
Purdue - 38
Illinois - 30
MSU - 25.5
Indiana - 24.5
Maryland - 8.5

For all practical purposes everyone is eliminated except Penn State and Ohio State. 

6 hours ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Schindler's List has a 97% rating on Rotten Tomatoes and a 8.9/10 rating on IMDB.

No comment here regarding this particular movie, but a new movie came out last weekend that had 58,000 reviews on RT just 2 hours after its release. Rotten tomatoes quite obviously allows BOTS, so what is Rotten Tomatoes really worth? 

Edited by TBar1977

3 minutes ago, BobbyGribbs said:

Can anyone give me some info on what happened to micic?

Saw a post on PSU board that claims Bloodround guys say he injured his knee. Take it fwiw. Personally, I expect him to wrestle at NCAA without any hint of an injury, but that is just my cynicism. 

5 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Saw a post on PSU board that claims Bloodround guys say he injured his knee. Take it fwiw. Personally, I expect him to wrestle at NCAA without any hint of an injury, but that is just my cynicism. 

Thanks. Been looking and found nada. Hope he is ok and returns because he makes 133 even more wild n fun this year. But, also hope he wasn’t being a gash and ducking

Just now, BobbyGribbs said:

Thanks. Been looking and found nada. Hope he is ok and returns because he makes 133 even more wild n fun this year. But, also hope he wasn’t being a gash and ducking

Just so you know, and I posted this long before it actually transpired, but there was a rumor floating around that he was going to mff right where he mff. I called it a "bad rumor" because I was dismissive of it at the time, but then it actually happened. Crazy. 

1 hour ago, Flying-Tiger said:

Stoll did nothing against Seveson except tie up and block off, that's why it was close. Cassar destroyed the guy that Stoll lost to.

Stoll has always been overrated and was the big beneficiary of the rule change a few years ago regarding stalling and out of bounds. The guy had next to no offense before factoring in any injuries. Probably the worst pre season #1 ranked wrestler the history of college wrestling. 

Jimmy Gulibon was the worst.

This thread provides us a perfect encapsulation of fan hypocrisy as many celebrate and defend Suriano's actions.

Not from me, though. I love that shiz! What a spectacle and nobody was hurt. Rock on Suriano and Desanto! Im hoping for a finals rematch!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Flying-Tiger said:

10 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

I have an unpopular opinion about a hypothetical match up.

You may have a different opinion, and you're entitled to it. I don't have to agree with it, but claiming your opinion is somehow "wrong" would be dumb.

That's an internet bully move - trying to discount someone else's opinion because you don't agree with it. No reason to be a bully, just agree to disagree like a good sport.

13 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Very isn't a prefix, it's an adjective or an adverb. A prefix is only part of the word that comes before the root word. What would be dumb again? 

13 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Very isn't a prefix, it's an adjective or an adverb. A prefix is only part of the word that comes before the root word. What would be dumb again? 

Busted by the grammar police - I'm not look forward to grammar jail. But I'm very very very guilty.

4 hours ago, Flying-Tiger said:

Cassar over Steveson, but yea, Stoll would of beat him, lol. 

Cassar's win over Gable was well earned. The 3rd period takedown by Cassar was timed pretty well, and his ability to stop Gable from casting over was the difference. The match was a bit odd because neither wrestler seemed to want to wrestle for most of the match, but that strategy was what it was. Well done by Cassar.

About Stoll? Yes - I believe Stoll would have beaten Cassar if he met him in the second round. Stoll is a different animal, and I think he had one good match in him at that point that would have worked better against Cassar than Gable. I'm OK with you thinking Cassar would beat Stoll.

Flying-Tiger, I'll just get straight to the point. Isn't it OK for me to have an opinion you don't agree with?

On 3/9/2019 at 10:20 PM, headshuck said:

It appears he could ride anyone for as long as he likes, but he gets bored and wants to get back to his feet.  From bottom, he's out fast.  I thought he might be ridden a while longer as a true freshman.  I can't remember him giving up a TD this year.  Maybe Cassar will take him down and ride him for a while. 

I jinx'd him.