nom

Flo quality for big 10 semis

My video feed is incredibly choppy.  Sound quality stinks.  

Just ran a ping / speedtest on my connection ... get 40MB/Sec download speeds.  

Not seeing other complaints .... problem on my end?

I just lowered the video quality and it is not as choppy but the sound still stinks.  Maybe means my end?

Just save some time and email yourself that its an issue on your end.

Honestly, semi-choppy video at time would be considered at the lower end of the prior complaints.  Mine has been running pretty smoothly thus far on Bigten2go via Roku.  Only one minor feed issues during session 2 for about 5-10sec.  

Edited by MadMardigain

10 minutes ago, nom said:

I figured this would go smoothly.

Of course it would not go smoothly! Flo apologists are vocal but it's clear like day that Flo has big missteps, mistakes, shortcomings. Sorry to hear your feed has been flaky. I hope Flo makes efforts to improve -- so that it provides a good product, lives up to its claims, keeps customers happy.

Edited by jon

Quality has been ok with momentary moments of pixelation, but the dropping of feeds is unacceptably bad.  I've had to reset at least 20+ times throughout the day.  Also, Mat 2 for whatever reason the camera will freeze or become incredibly choppy as the audio continues to play.

I had to reset several times. And my feed on one of the mats (mat 2 I think) froze a lot.  It wasn't as bad as it has been in years past but that's still not a very good result.  I would say the announcing was not great for the semis. Bader has strengths  (documentaries) but live announcing is not one of them. Think better to let Pyles do it himself. In that score, one person in booth is usually better. I listened to PSU radio broadcast in the afternoon and it was very good. Although known for emotional homerism at times he is actually a wekl trained professional who gives clear and complete information.  I think that him working alone and not having to play off a partner helps keep the broadcast smooth.  

Had to reset many times, but at least it reset.  Missed more action than we should have though with the  camera 'coverage.'  I have really enjoyed the 'knee high' angle they have been using to cover the matches, it even makes Pletcher look 'tall.'  

On another thread it was explained that Flo gets their feed from BIG who gets their feed from the Minnesota students. It is just plain ridiculous for blaming Flo for these issues. It is always a combination of your system, your internet speed, and then also their feed. I had to re-set a number of times but I do NOT blame Flo. And I thought the mat announcers were knowledgeable and good. 

1 hour ago, kgschalhoub said:

On another thread it was explained that Flo gets their feed from BIG who gets their feed from the Minnesota students. It is just plain ridiculous for blaming Flo for these issues. It is always a combination of your system, your internet speed, and then also their feed. I had to re-set a number of times but I do NOT blame Flo. And I thought the mat announcers were knowledgeable and good. 

The issue wasn't the feed normally, it was the fact that your window/screen lost the match and you'd have to remove it from Flo's multi-screen view and re-add it.  I did it well over 20 times yesterday, that's on Flo not the feed.   That said while annoying it kept coming back in so no need for pitchforks on my side.  But still, that was all on Flo's new multi-camera tech and not the feed...

2 hours ago, kgschalhoub said:

I’ve been watching on the BigTen2go feed via Roku all weekend.  Yes I got the occasional camera out of focus or camera not following the action issues like everyone else. And that I can attribute to the in arena staff.   

However, other than a single 5-10sec time period yesterday in session 2, I have not seen any disconnection, jumpy video, or video lag from the BigTen2go direct feed. Maybe I got lucky and was on the one good mat feed at the perfect time, but that’s one hell of good luck.   So from my end I’m not getting much of any of the issues some Flo viewers are saying they have had.  I’d say that means it due the the viewer having some technology issues or its on Flo’s end.  And yes Flo is getting the feed through the Big10 but it still must be redirected through their system before it’s send out to the Flo subscribers.  

Edited by MadMardigain