gowrestle

What happened to Micic?

I think this is a very serious and real question in a weight class that is beyond stacked.  Micic may have not only just forfeited his Big Ten Title, but potentially the National Championship.  I can't see how he can still maintain the #1 seed, and his path is gonna get a whole lot harder now.
So,
#1 This weight is "beyond stacked"
#2 His path is going to be "a whole lot harder now"

I'm trying to follow along but you lost me.

I don't think there will be huge difference in the quality of opponents for each of the quarter final matches if the seeding holds.

Fix and Suriano seem to be the best of the pack outside of Micic. It would take a complete breakdown of reasoning for Micic to be in the same quarter as either of those two.

That being the case, it doesn't take a long look into the past to see such a complete breakdown of reasoning.

Last year the Nolf vs. Kemdog
Before that Brewer with a 15 seed.

The committee has proven that they are willing to screw things up for the sake of screwing things up.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

What are the chances that Micic still gets the #1 or #2 seed?  He does have a head to head win over Suriano (plus Pletcher & RBY)and he still is undefeated.  I think seeding may go:

1 - Fix

2 - Micic

3 - Suriano

4 - Phillippi

Edited by lu1979

48 minutes ago, lu1979 said:

What are the chances that Micic still gets the #1 or #2 seed?  He does have a head to head win over Suriano (plus Pletcher & RBY)and he still is undefeated.  I think seeding may go:

1 - Fix

2 - Micic

3 - Suriano

4 - Phillippi

I have this crazy feeling that this top 4 will NOT be the actual Semifinal lineup.

Someone hasn't been reading around here much.  If you miss a wrestling match there is one, and only one logical reason...you are ducking competition.  Every athlete is 100% healthy and injury free throughout the entire season and needs to wrestle in every match, anything less will absolutely not be tolerated.

6 minutes ago, smitty11 said:

Torn ACL for Micic, man that is some bad luck

Really?  Maybe he won't get past Desanto then.  

Too bad.  1 and 2 from the preseason rankings drop out and weight is still stacked.  Suriano must have about an 80% chance of winning now - what are the vegas odds?