Jump to content
Marcus Cisero

Nick Suriano “I Don’t Back Down To Nobody”

Recommended Posts

He generally doesn’t do himself any favors in interviews.  I thought he wrestled well last night and hope he keeps the momentum.

I don’t blame Micic- he was injured most of the year and probably just got a match in to stay fresh. Suriano, Nolf, etc. have all done that in conference tournaments.  Not necessarily the same as a Lee “duck” when it’s because you need to be healthy in two weeks to have a shot at a title. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This match seemed to mean a lot to Nick.  More so than I'd expect a semi final B1G match to mean.  I know he really wanted this after the bullying DeSanto and I guess Brands partook in at Carver.  It will be interesting to see if he has anything left for the finals tonight after how much emotional energy he spent for and after that semi with DeSanto.

Edited by StallWarning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gowrestle said:

Great seeing him do well but I think he talks too much. That could be the Jersey punk that is in him and his teammates. 

hey, I'm a Long Island NY (section XI) transplant living in PA myself who is always asked, "are you from NY, NJ?" My aging Mom gets it all the time too. Our accent always gives it away, but you know what - we try not to let the dislike for those of us from this part of the country get to us. Nick does'nt seem to care either. He is who he is and he's proud of it. Maybe he "talks too much" because people talk too much about him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

hey, I'm a Long Island NY (section XI) transplant living in PA myself who is always asked, "are you from NY, NJ?" My aging Mom gets it all the time too. Our accent always gives it away, but you know what - we try not to let the dislike for those of us from this part of the country get to us. Nick does'nt seem to care either. He is who he is and he's proud of it. Maybe he "talks too much" because people talk too much about him. 

I’m a Jersey guy. Actually took classes at Rutgers. I’m a fan of the infamous Vince Lombardi who likely would say, “shut up and wrestle!”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gowrestle said:

I’m a Jersey guy. Actually took classes at Rutgers. I’m a fan of the infamous Vince Lombardi who likely would say, “shut up and wrestle!”

I like Vince too! One of my favorite quotes from him is "Winners never quit and quitters never win," in addition to the one you referenced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, gowrestle said:

I’m a Jersey guy. Actually took classes at Rutgers. I’m a fan of the infamous Vince Lombardi who likely would say, “shut up and wrestle!”

Sound familiar Section XI guy living in 

Pittsburgh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TobusRex said:

Wow, pretty cocky for a guy that's about 5'5" and 125 pounds. I bet my 12 year old nephew would bend him into a pretzel. Kudos on beating DeSanto though.

Probably more like 5'2 but he had the hardest possible run in the big 10s (lizak - finalist and 4th before desanto and micic) before micic backed out.   

He will dominate pletcher but hes denied the chance to beat up on micic.   I think that will now be the ncaa semi finals.   Nick then beats fix in the finals and silences all doubters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why people are so hard on this kid. He seemed honest and even humble. No w5estler gets to NCAA finals or even AA without confidence in themselves. Interviewers ask the question and the kid gets criticized for his honest answer. I was bummed when he left PSU but Rutgers is simply a better fit for him. Suriano was dissed pretty bad at dual by both Desanto and Iowa coaches. His actions after match were not as bad as how Desanto acted after dual. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jstock said:

 Suriano was dissed pretty bad at dual by both Desanto and Iowa coaches. His actions after match were not as bad as how Desanto acted after dual. 

If Desanto did what Nick did in that match yesterday....Folks would be screaming it's the end of the wrestling world.  No doubt about it.

It's okay for Nick to answer honestly, but folks want Desanto to watch his, 'p's and q's?' 

"Get da fug ouda here."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

If Desanto did what Nick did in that match yesterday....Folks would be screaming it's the end of the wrestling world.  No doubt about it.

It's okay for Nick to answer honestly, but folks want Desanto to watch his, 'p's and q's?' 

"Get da fug ouda here."

A man with no criminal record gets busted for shoplifting.  A man who just got done doing 20 years for grand theft and aggravated assault gets busted for shoplifting.

Which one of them is society going to come down on more harshly?  Desanto has put himself on thin ice with his many, many, instances of unacceptable behavior in the past including deliberately trying to injure opponents that were beating him.  To his credit I actually think he handled this particular situation well and that Suriano was the instigator.  But don't kid yourself in thinking they are going to be held to the same standard - when you dig yourself a hole you have a lot further to climb then the other guy.

Edited by lost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×