Jump to content
jeffrideal

The cut above Suriano's eye

Recommended Posts

As he stated, it happened at the end of the 3rd period.  Plus at the end of the match he pointed to his cut to prove to ref that DeSanto did something that warranted his actions.  But I have reviewed the end of the match multiple times and I cannot tell where the cut came from?  Can anyone else see where it happened?

https://www.flowrestling.org/events/6305684-2019-big-ten-wrestling-championship/videos?playing=6390579&limit=60

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What was the brick throwing all about?  Desanto lost -- there wasn't anything  else to it.   Desanto is good at making himself look like a total idiot, and the Brandos seem to be feeding into it.  Desanto is a spastic baby who doesn't know how to deal with losing, and the brands tarnish any good image they have defending him. 

Edited by Paddleman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Paddleman said:

What was the brick throwing all about?  Desanto lost -- there wasn't anything  else to it.   Desanto is good at making himself look like a total idiot, and the Brandos seem to be feeding into it.  Desanto is a spastic baby who doesn't know how to deal with losing, and the brands tarnish any good image they have defending him. 

If I had to guess what triggered the brick throwing. The Brands probably actually believed they could get BOTH the TD taken away AND an in match point deduction on Suriano to send it into OT. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

Tossing a brick on the mat is much more appropriate than tossing a chair or something similar after a loss.

Imagine if Bobby Knight coached wrestling.

Someone mentioned that he used to admire the IU wrestling team back in the day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

We need to get some Mongolians on the Iowa staff to show them how to really lodge a protest. 

You just want to see the twins in the buff..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wrestlingphish said:

Tossing a brick on the mat is much more appropriate than tossing a chair or something similar after a loss.

When has something like that occurred at a college tournament or dual?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, PSUSMC said:

When has something like that occurred at a college tournament or dual?

Not college, but didnt Cael throw a chair after David Taylor lost to J'den at the trials two years ago?  I remember it because I thought it was so uncharacteristic of the most stoic coach in wrestling.

Edited by lost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as stallwarning mentioned, the cut came from desanto's foot.

i'm sure IA threw the brick based on desanto saying something to coaching staff based on the short jab/underhook suriano took in the front headlock position.  take a look at the end of the match or what Flo put on their IG/Twitter.  Its with his right arm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Witherman said:

as stallwarning mentioned, the cut came from desanto's foot.

i'm sure IA threw the brick based on desanto saying something to coaching staff based on the short jab/underhook suriano took in the front headlock position.  take a look at the end of the match or what Flo put on their IG/Twitter.  Its with his right arm.

Because the dbag kicked him in the face.  Intentionally.   If anyone in all of college wrestling deserves a shot in the jaw it is Desanto followed immediately by the Lollipop Guild. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TFBJR said:

Because the dbag kicked him in the face.  Intentionally.   If anyone in all of college wrestling deserves a shot in the jaw it is Desanto followed immediately by the Lollipop Guild. 

intentionally? LOL did you even watch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cael did throw a chair, but it was pretty unconvincing. He looked to make sure no one was around, and tossed it gently a couple of feet. Almost looked sheepish doing it. I say if your going to throw a tantrum, commit to it. A world class athlete should be able to launch a chair with ferocity and accuracy. He really needs to work on that if he wants to be a world class whiner.

 

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...