TBar1977

Big Ten Session 3 Thread

19 minutes ago, LLB said:

Let’s over analyze the hell out of it. It was stupid but really stalling? Count how many shots Pletcher actually takes during a match then talk to me about stalling.

Edited by Mphillips
No need to beat the horse.

21 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Cole Martin gets a win there. I know you know that. 

Huh?  His making the 4th place match probably won’t help him in the least. 

As far as seeding criteria goes, I doubt it would even be a blip as there will be NO match to reference. Now, if he were forced to formally injury default instead of MFF, that would set it straight for Everyone consistently. 

I would like that to be made a RULE at conferences. No FFs. All to be taken as defaults and officially count as a loss. 

I think that would all but elliminate “gaming” the system....

Edited by MSU158

8 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

Devin Schnupp and Brady Berge (when he wrestled) have next to zero offense. Desanto showed RBY what real work looks like. I don't ever want to hear PSU fans complain about stalling if allv36 guys in there room aren't constantly working for the major.

When I wrestled you worked for the Pin. Isn't that still the goal?

1 minute ago, Mphillips said:

How many did Pletch have in his match with RBY?  Tell us?

Watch from about 20 seconds left in the second period to the end of the match. Let me know your thoughts oh holy one.

2 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Huh?  His making the 4th place match probably won’t help him in the least. 

You said Martin got cheated and I'm just pointing out that he actually gets the win in the match. Nothing more than that. Carry on. 

Just now, russelscout said:

What was RBYs shot count to Desanto? 1-20? And yet it's egregious I thought something could be called stalling. How dare I.

Well, he got two TD's so I am going to say its 2 to something. Probably 2 to 10. He has some work to do to even things out with Austin. 

2 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

You said Martin got cheated and I'm just pointing out that he actually gets the win in the match. Nothing more than that. Carry on. 

Read what I added to that post and he Does NOT get a win over Berge. FFs do not count as matches.....

Read what I added to that post and he Does NOT get a win over Berge. FFs do not count as matches.....

They don't count as losses for the wrestler forfeiting, but I think they count as wins for the other wrestler? No? 

3 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

They don't count as losses for the wrestler forfeiting, but I think they count as wins for the other wrestler? No? 

Nope, non contested match. You advance, but no win. Team benefits, wrestler doesn’t. 

Nope, non contested match. You advance, but no win. Team benefits, wrestler doesn’t. 

OK. Fine. Let's look at this another way. You are making a huge deal here that somehow Cole Martin got cheated in a tournament where he's wrestling for 3rd in the Big10 Championship without having beaten anyone in the top 20. Hard for me to look at that outcome as "Cole Martin Got Cheated".

Edited by TBar1977

3 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

OK. Fine. Let's look at this another way. You are making a huge deal here that somehow Cole Martin got cheated in a tournament where he's wrestling for 3rd in the Big10 Championship without having beaten anyone in the top 20. Hard for me to look at that outcome as "Cole Martin Got Cheated".

It's not about the Big10s. This is a qualifier for NCAAs. He's not cheated because of his placement at BIG10s. He is cheated because he can't fight for a higher seed at the big dance.

9 minutes ago, russelscout said:

It's not about the Big10s. This is a qualifier for NCAAs. He's not cheated because of his placement at BIG10s. He is cheated because he can't fight for a higher seed at the big dance.

Neither can RBY in his next match, but you don't see us PSU faithful making a stink about it. 

7 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

Incredibly telling that Tbar doesn’t think you can score off someone else’s shot. 

Lol at you. It really hurts that much, huh? Its called a countershot, idiot. I actually count them as shots because if you don't take them you don't score. 

We do this every year and I hope this never ends. 

Edited by TBar1977

1 minute ago, TBar1977 said:

Lol at you. It really hurts that much, huh? Its called a countershot, idiot. I actually count them as shots because if you don't take them you don't score. 

We do this every year and I hope this never ends. 

...there are still other ways to score. RBY didn't score off of a counter shot.