scramble

Fear El Desanto

First, I have to say that I wasn't sure about Desanto at the begging of the year.  I let things I read give me a preconceived opinion.  However, having watched him some throughout the year I am starting to become a fan.  Since the incident last year I think he's kept it in check.  I think he wrestles extremely hard for 7-minutes and with a lot of intensity, which is how wrestling is meant to be.  He is becoming one of my favorite guys to watch. 

With that said, it is evident that many are afraid of what he might do. I couldn't help but chuckle at the end of the Suriano match.  Did anyone else notice how, immediately at the end of the match when Suriano flipped Desantos feet up in the air, every single person who was on that mat sprinted to where the wrestlers were?  Both of the refs, the Rutgers coaches, and the Iowa coaches were on Surinao and Desanto like ticks on a dog.  I don't even know if Desanto had gotten up yet... lol.  Clearly, everyone was afraid Desanto was gonna crack him like a Halloween glowstick. Nevertheless, he kept it together pretty good. 

Suriano was clearly trying to taunt him.  Twice he completely dumped Desanto head first after the whistle when he had him up in the air.  Desanto caught himself on both occasions, but the first one you can tell he was not expecting.  Then at the end, the match was well over when Suriano did what he did.  Suriano basically said in his interview that something about how Desanto was trying to get up when the match was over.  That is not uncommon for any wrestler after a hard match (The match ends, they lose a close one, and then try to pop up and get to the center as quick as they can to get off the mat).  The match ended close to the center circle.  I didn't see anything that warranted Suriano driving Desanto all the way to the edge of the mat and then trying to flip him up in the air like Metcalf spiking a Caldwell.  I think any wrestler would have reacted to that.  What surprised me was them deducting a team point for Desanto, even if he was chirping back at Suriano.  

I don't know what NCAA seeds will be, but I would love to see Fix and Desanto in the finals.  They are probably my two favorites at that weight.

I tend to agree with the above.  Suriano 'punked' Desanto twice and Desanto handled it just fine, but the coaches, the refs, the security guys. the janitor and the head concession lady  all rolled out onto the mat like there was a twelve person cage match going down. 

I don't think Desanto nor Suriano did anything wrong in the last match. It was just a hard wrestled match and the crowd reaction, which stemmed from their last match, made it seem like it was more than it was. 

With that being said, Suriano looked much better. Micic vs Fix/Suriano in the finals will be great. 

5 minutes ago, scramble said:

First, I have to say that I wasn't sure about Desanto at the begging of the year.  I let things I read give me a preconceived opinion.  However, having watched him some throughout the year I am starting to become a fan.  Since the incident last year I think he's kept it in check.  I think he wrestles extremely hard for 7-minutes and with a lot of intensity, which is how wrestling is meant to be.  He is becoming one of my favorite guys to watch. 

With that said, it is evident that many are afraid of what he might do. I couldn't help but chuckle at the end of the Suriano match.  Did anyone else notice how, immediately at the end of the match when Suriano flipped Desantos feet up in the air, every single person who was on that mat sprinted to where the wrestlers were?  Both of the refs, the Rutgers coaches, and the Iowa coaches were on Surinao and Desanto like ticks on a dog.  I don't even know if Desanto had gotten up yet... lol.  Clearly, everyone was afraid Desanto was gonna crack him like a Halloween glowstick. Nevertheless, he kept it together pretty good. 

Suriano was clearly trying to taunt him.  Twice he completely dumped Desanto head first after the whistle when he had him up in the air.  Desanto caught himself on both occasions, but the first one you can tell he was not expecting.  Then at the end, the match was well over when Suriano did what he did.  Suriano basically said in his interview that something about how Desanto was trying to get up when the match was over.  That is not uncommon for any wrestler after a hard match (The match ends, they lose a close one, and then try to pop up and get to the center as quick as they can to get off the mat).  The match ended close to the center circle.  I didn't see anything that warranted Suriano driving Desanto all the way to the edge of the mat and then trying to flip him up in the air like Metcalf spiking a Caldwell.  I think any wrestler would have reacted to that.  What surprised me was them deducting a team point for Desanto, even if he was chirping back at Suriano.  

I don't know what NCAA seeds will be, but I would love to see Fix and Desanto in the finals.  They are probably my two favorites at that weight.

Always been a top favorite "wrestler" to watch. As for the rest of his attention gathering  behavior, he is nothing more than your average street punk. 

23 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

I tend to agree with the above.  Suriano 'punked' Desanto twice and Desanto handled it just fine, but the coaches, the refs, the security guys. the janitor and the head concession lady  all rolled out onto the mat like there was a twelve person cage match going down. 

Just having now read this account, I too would like to run onto  the mat. 

I rewatched the end of that match and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought.  Suriano kept wrestling after the whistle, but nothing too crazy happened and desanto actually handled it well