Jimmy Cinnabon

Penn State is in trouble

On 3/10/2019 at 1:47 PM, GoNotQuietly said:

This post will not age well.

Actually, it did.  I was pretty on the money.

125 - NQ; correct

133 - RBY did get 8th, so barely made AA.  So I was off here.

141 - predicted 5th to 7th and he took 5th.  On the money.

149 - predicted 2-2.  Correct.

157 - correctly predicted a championship but no bonus in the final

165 - correctly predicted Joseph wouldn't win

174 - correctly predicted Valencia over Hall in the final

184 - said Rasheed was way overrated and was correct

197 - correctly picked Bo to win but not bonus everyone; correct

285 - I was wrong here - Cassar won it all and took out Steveson and White

So basically I was right on the money for 8/10 picks.  RBY barely became an AA and Cassar proved me wrong.

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

125 - NQ; correct

So basically I was right on the money for 8/10 picks.  RBY barely became an AA and Cassar proved me wrong.

backpat.gif

On 3/10/2019 at 2:45 PM, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

I still think PSU wins but the margin will be tight.  Very tight.

Pretty solid weight class analysis, but you whiffed hard on the whole point of your post...

Partial credit given, but major points off for goal post shifting.

Edited by GoNotQuietly

1 hour ago, GoNotQuietly said:

Pretty solid weight class analysis, but you whiffed hard on the whole point of your post...

Partial credit and points off for goal post shifting.

1 hour ago, wrestlingnerd said:

I was laughing when I first read this obvious troll job but damn, it turned out to be the best prediction on PSU at NCAAs I’ve read. Proof positive that a broken clock can be right twice a day. I’m forced to acknowledge you. Nice work!

He made up for the bad troll job with another bad troll job regarding Cunningham leaving PSU.

He will have the whole line up and staff leaving pretty soon. 

Edited by TBar1977

It was a bad attempt at a troll job.  You can pat yourself on the back if you want, but the entire point of your post and the thread title was that PSU was in trouble.  Even with all of that happening PSU ran away with the team title and it wasn't close.  

If you wanted to make the best marinara sauce you could and you followed the recipe 80% of the way and it turned out tasting like dog **** you wouldn't be bragging that you were able to follow the recipe 80% correctly.  You would want to forget that you ever made the sauce to begin with.

On 3/10/2019 at 1:45 PM, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

I still think PSU wins but the margin will be tight.  Very tight.

total failure as a serious prediction. decent troll attempt, but very weak to try and retroactively claim to have done well in serious predictions. ruins the troll attempt. real amateur hour tbh. 

19 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

125 - NQ; correct

what about the prediction that it would be a tight team race? You forgot that one.

19 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

125 - NQ; correct

Man you are twisting the results to fit your picks. You literally didn't make a pick at 184 and made 3 picks at 141, 1 of which was correct. You giving yourself credit at 165 also makes no sense...what you said would happen didn't. Essentially if you give yourself credit for that, all you did was pick the field vs Cenzo, which is what 50% of people did. Props I guess? Not to mention, NQ means national qualifier in wrestling terms and that didn't happen at 125, but I'll give you credit for that I guess?

on my count, you made 2 no picks, went 5-3 (generously) including the most common upset pick (174) and 3 chalk picks including the two biggest favorites for a title. 

This isn't really arguable. 

The original post included some individual predictions, but its entire purpose was to make a prediction about the team race.  The title was:  "Penn State is in trouble."  Its conclusion was:  "PSU wins but the margin will be tight.  Very tight."   

So the only way to evaluate the post is to see how Penn State did vs. the second place team.  The post was wrong -- the margin was not tight; Penn State beat Ohio State by 41 points. 

On 4/3/2019 at 1:09 PM, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

125 - NQ; correct

125 No qualifier is not a prediction. No one had Schnupp penciled in to qualify. Nothing to be impressed with.

133 Placing 8th is not "barely" making AA. Its outright making AA. Barely making AA would be squeaking by each match getting through the bloodround. RBY'S WINS WERE 8-2, 6-2, 3-1, and he won 4-3 in the blood round, but he scored 2 td downs against 3 escapes. That's not barely making AA.

141 Predicting 5-7 is choosing a range. That's not "right on the money" right on the money is picking the actual spot.

149 most people picked 2-2. Not a bold prediction. Nothing to be impressed with.

157 most people predicted Nolf to win, and most did not think he would bonus all 5 matches. Nothing to be impressed with

165 many people did not think Joseph would win. Nothing to be impressed with

174 Valencia beating Hall is not a bold prediction. Nothing to be impressed with

184 most people felt that Rasheed would not live up to his seed. Nothing to be impressed with

197 again, not shocking that Nickal did not bonus all 5 matches. Nothing to be impressed with

285 You chose Steveson and White to both take out Cassar. In other words you chose Cassar taking 4th with either Steveson or White not making the finals. This was your only bold pick. I guess you could say you were half right since Steveson didnt make the finals. But not seriously complete wrong here.

In conclusion, you have nothing to be proud of because you did not make a single bold prediction. 100% of your picks were very typical predictions. Nothing to pat yourself on the back about. 

8 hours ago, BigTenFanboy said:

125 No qualifier is not a prediction. No one had Schnupp penciled in to qualify. Nothing to be impressed with.

133 Placing 8th is not "barely" making AA. Its outright making AA. Barely making AA would be squeaking by each match getting through the bloodround. RBY'S WINS WERE 8-2, 6-2, 3-1, and he won 4-3 in the blood round, but he scored 2 td downs against 3 escapes. That's not barely making AA.

141 Predicting 5-7 is choosing a range. That's not "right on the money" right on the money is picking the actual spot.

149 most people picked 2-2. Not a bold prediction. Nothing to be impressed with.

157 most people predicted Nolf to win, and most did not think he would bonus all 5 matches. Nothing to be impressed with

165 many people did not think Joseph would win. Nothing to be impressed with

174 Valencia beating Hall is not a bold prediction. Nothing to be impressed with

184 most people felt that Rasheed would not live up to his seed. Nothing to be impressed with

197 again, not shocking that Nickal did not bonus all 5 matches. Nothing to be impressed with

285 You chose Steveson and White to both take out Cassar. In other words you chose Cassar taking 4th with either Steveson or White not making the finals. This was your only bold pick. I guess you could say you were half right since Steveson didnt make the finals. But not seriously complete wrong here.

In conclusion, you have nothing to be proud of because you did not make a single bold prediction. 100% of your picks were very typical predictions. Nothing to pat yourself on the back about. 

But he predicted Bo and Nolf would win titles! So risky!