Jimmy Cinnabon

Can we now admit seeding Carr #1 was idiotic?

Should have been 1 seed Lee losing to 2 seed McKenna in the finals.  McKenna has a smarter game plan this time around ans Lee who won the first one still lost this one.  Red ends up still playing upset someplace and gets to the 3/4 match.   Carr the 3 seed still ends up in the middle of the pack at best. 

Edited by MadMardigain

26 minutes ago, jsmalls131313 said:

No. Seedings are based on what was actually accomplished during the season. They are not predictors for future events. 

Thank you. Somebody finally mentioned it as well. I have not looked at his body of work for the year so I don't know if he should have been the one seed or not. If Mark Hall gets beat in the first round should he have not been the one seed? Of course he should have. One has nothing to do with the other.

34 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

LOL

1 So are you suggesting Red should've been seeded #1? 

2 Is this the first time a lower seed has beat a higher seed?

3 Maybe Carr has the leemono?

4 What about the 1 seed at 133?

5 Inquiring posters want to know, perhaps a new thread on each these 5 questions? ;)

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Lee should have been seeded #1

Mckenna #2

That doesn't make sense.  A well respected poster indicated in another thread:

141 - Lee cannot hang with the big dogs, including McKenna.  His neutral defense is too suspect and he seems to lose 95% of scramble situations.  I see him placing 5-7.

so why would any seed such an obviously poor wrestler #1? ;_;

1 minute ago, ConnorsDad said:

Somebody who follows Illinois wrestling or just wrestling in general closer than me tell me what were the results between those top three guys, Carr, McKenna and Lee.

Been over that before:   Lee beat McKenna, McKenna ducked Carr & Carr ducked Lee.  Common opponent - Carr beat Moran & Lee lost to Moran.

42 minutes ago, ionel said:

Been over that before:   Lee beat McKenna, McKenna ducked Carr & Carr ducked Lee.  Common opponent - Carr beat Moran & Lee lost to Moran.

Well, unless you're my high school teacher it's doubtful if you know if we've been over that before or not. And I don't live on the message board. In that case that's one of those that it comes down to the coaches. I can see either way. Obviously McKenna would be third.