AnklePicker

"You're killing the sport of wrestling"

Man I've heard a lot of guilt placed on a ref in my days but I was cracking up last night when one of the Wiskey coaches was using that line to get a stall call for Wick when he was riding Marinelli.  Anyone know who that was?  They deserve a shout out. 

Marinelli took the only two legit shots of the match.  Wick slapped at ankles and touched his own knee to the mat without penetrating. Got a stall call out of that.  On bottom, his strategy was to get to his feet but when he got there he barely fought hands... he mostly just blocked Marinelli's hips and tried to keep his balance in order to get Marinelli hit for a stall.

When Wick was on top, he rode parallel with a lg and spent most of the time trying to get his cradle.  Got it once but didn't actually try to get a turn.  Sat there with it.

It seemed as if he was going to try to win the match through his coach pressuring the ref to call stalling.

Against the top guys Wick is a one trick pony. He can't get TDs and doesn't consistently turn the top guys. His only hope to win is to get a few stall calls to make up for his inability to get to the legs and finish on his feet.

1 hour ago, AnklePicker said:

Man I've heard a lot of guilt placed on a ref in my days but I was cracking up last night when one of the Wiskey coaches was using that line to get a stall call for Wick when he was riding Marinelli.  Anyone know who that was?  They deserve a shout out. 

Wisky coaches are killing the sport by jacking athletes and funds from stepping stone schools on their way out the door.  Allegedly.

22 minutes ago, LordNelson said:

Wisky coaches are killing the sport by jacking athletes and funds from stepping stone schools on their way out the door.  Allegedly.

Allegedly? I heard this actually happened in a discreet setting on the west coast, specifically on the streets of Milwaukee.  

On 3/10/2019 at 3:54 PM, russelscout said:

Against the top guys Wick is a one trick pony. He can't get TDs and doesn't consistently turn the top guys. His only hope to win is to get a few stall calls to make up for his inability to get to the legs and finish on his feet.

He has gotten multiple takedowns on Marinelli, Marinelli has just gotten more. He can finish on the feet vs the top guys, he just isn’t as good as they are in the feet

25 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

He has gotten multiple takedowns on Marinelli, Marinelli has just gotten more. He can finish on the feet vs the top guys, he just isn’t as good as they are in the feet

He's ;ost three times to Marinelli by a total of 4 points

20 hours ago, WF89 said:

That Wisconsin staff seems to be ruining Evan Wick.

Not sure about ruining him. Other than conditioning,  It does not appear they have added anything to his arsenal on offense nor added any significant defense.  He gives up the leg shots too easy...you would think with his length and comfort level in the ties that they Could developed some type of ankle pick.  It is apparent the refs are not going to call stalling on the opponent for blocking off and holding his hands when he has the legs in..gotta try something else or be happy with 3-8 placement in ncaa.

On 3/10/2019 at 1:57 PM, AnklePicker said:

Image result for stalling tombstone