Jimmy Cinnabon

Joseph just got dominated

8 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Did that kid go on to somewhere else and have success? Maybe they didn't.
If you followed during those cool times, what was it like to be "irrelevant?" If you were such a fan then, what was it like getting much lower than 2 and 3 at times and outside of the top 10 at nattys? I have no idea what thats like as a Hawk fan because it hasn't happened in my lifetime. Think of how crazy that is. You would think you would have some kind of empathy if you were really a true fan at that time.  

I see where we’re going here and that fine. 

I think during and after the Sandusky deal things changed for me. Like how many of our NCAA titles have been awarded by Emmett? None. Pretty pissed and full of hate. 

To answer your question I loved those teams as ****ty as they were, kind of like Wisconsin, good tough home kids that didn’t stand a chance against anybody but a ranking number. But to be honest with the sanctions and the power of Cael’s Teams it was like “hell yes beat a pipe in them” 

9 minutes ago, russelscout said:

what was it like to be "irrelevant?"

I'll speak for LLB.  It was rough.  To us PA guys it was probably similar to being a football fan from Florida prior to the rise of Univ of Miami in the 80's.  We knew all the talent was here but didn't know how to harness it.  We rooted for PA kids in general.  Didn't matter if they went to PSU, Lehigh, Lock Haven, etc.  Years ago Nolf, Retherford, Cenzo, Ruth, Megaludis, etc wouldn't have stayed in state.  Enjoying the ride.   

3 minutes ago, portajohn said:

I'll speak for LLB.  It was rough.  To us PA guys it was probably similar to being a football fan from Florida prior to the rise of Univ of Miami in the 80's.  We knew all the talent was here but didn't know how to harness it.  We rooted for PA kids in general.  Didn't matter if they went to PSU, Lehigh, Lock Haven, etc.  Years ago Nolf, Retherford, Cenzo, Ruth, Megaludis, etc wouldn't have stayed in state.  Enjoying the ride.   

What we have now and what we have done in wrestling makes up for 2011-2015 in FB. It was this conference pissing in our faces and laughing at the same time. Chris Fowler saying “we’ll never be back”. So that’s when Cael took over and we basically stook our middle fingers out and said “eat a grape”

20 minutes ago, LLB said:

I see where we’re going here and that fine. 

I think during and after the Sandusky deal things changed for me. Like how many of our NCAA titles have been awarded by Emmett? None. Pretty pissed and full of hate. 

To answer your question I loved those teams as ****ty as they were, kind of like Wisconsin, good tough home kids that didn’t stand a chance against anybody but a ranking number. But to be honest with the sanctions and the power of Cael’s Teams it was like “hell yes beat a pipe in them” 

And yet no one on this site says anything about Sandusky. Well maybe sometimes, but they are few and far between. The ones who do are blockheads, so I don't know why you are taking that out on Iowa fans. 

I don't know what its like to go from average to perennial power, but I do know what its like having a team thats a perennial power and now is on the outside looking in. I was born when Iowa was in the middle of the 9 title streak. I knew nothing but dominance from them pretty much my whole childhood.  When they started losing titles in the 2000's it sucked. Brands came along and I thought back to the same ole things, but it ended with Caels dominance. It fricken sucks. It sucks even worse when you 75% of the community here gets off on it every time you lose,  gets called for stalling, or does anything that could be brought up as a slight against your teams culture.

Now, don't get me wrong. I am not so butt hurt from it that I can't enjoy the sport anymore. There are a lot of guys who aren't Hawks that I enjoy watching. Some of those guys are PSU guys. I really just like the sport, love to talk wrestling and I have far too much free time. Thats why I come here. Don't ruin it with non-stop belittling of the Hawkeyes. Hate on the Buckeyes!

Edited by russelscout

4 minutes ago, russelscout said:

And yet no one on this site says anything about Sandusky. Well maybe sometimes, but they are few and far between. The ones who do are blockheads, so I don't know why you are taking that out on Iowa fans. 

I don't know what its like to go from average to perennial power, but I do know what its like having a team thats a perennial power and now is on the outside looking in. I was born when Iowa was in the middle of the 9 title streak. I knew nothing but dominance from them pretty much my whole childhood.  When they started losing titles in the 2000's it sucked. Brands came along and I thought back to the same ole things, but it ended with Caels dominance. It fricken sucks. It sucks even worse when you 75% of the community here gets off on it every time you lose,  gets called for stalling, or does anything that could be brought up as a slight against your teams culture.

Now, don't get me wrong. I am not so butt hurt from it that I can't enjoy the sport anymore. There are a lot of guys who aren't Hawks that I enjoy watching. Some of those guys are PSU guys. I really just like the sport, love to talk wrestling and I have far too much free time. Thats why I come here. Don't ruin it with non-stop belittling of the Hawkeyes. Hate on the Buckeyes!

You guys are cool and no worries I spent a day here that I would not normally spend. So I won’t probably be back for a while. 

This team will probably be the last for a while, too many holes no interest from 125 lbers. They’ll be a nice team next season but one that can be beat up on. All depends on Brooks, Beard, and Conel, yes I said Conel. 

2 hours ago, LLB said:

We’ll see how dominated he is at Ncaa’s

You can't admit it can you? It just will not come out of your mouth if a Penn State wrestler loses that they were beaten. It doesn't matter if Cenzo pins every person at NCAA's it has nothing to do with today. And had he won today, you would have been the first one running your mouth.

2 hours ago, LLB said:

If that’s what u live for that’s fine but one team won by over 30pts. Oh yeah and the greatest HWT ever got beat

What the **** does that have to do with Marinelli and Joseph? People give t-bar a hard time but all in all he's a pretty good sport. I swear I think you might be under the age of 14. It is impossible for you to do anything but attack other teams. 

30 minutes ago, ConnorsDad said:

You can't admit it can you? It just will not come out of your mouth if a Penn State wrestler loses that they were beaten. It doesn't matter if Cenzo pins every person at NCAA's it has nothing to do with today. And had he won today, you would have been the first one running your mouth.

Glad you hang your hat on today “good luck at nationals”

Joseph has unbeatable hips that basically can't be shot on.  He can only lose by giving guys points somewhere else.  And yet he just continuously wades into throwing positions because he thinks he can win there.  

But if you have one position you will win and one position you can win, why keep going back to where you can win.

6 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

The difference in the match was a 6 point move by Marinelli. Not exactly "domination".

The 6 points wasn't exactly out of nowhere. Joseph fights off shots and ends up in upper body positions. The Bull is the only one who has been able to handle him in that position. Winning a position Joseph is normally dominant in by ending up with back points and going 2 to 0 on takedowns may not be dominant, but he certainly controlled ever aspect of it.

1 minute ago, russelscout said:

The 6 points wasn't exactly out of nowhere. Joseph fights off shots and ends up in upper body positions. The Bull is the only one who has been able to handle him in that position. Winning a position Joseph is normally dominant in by ending up with back points and going 2 to 0 on takedowns may not be dominant, but he certainly controlled ever aspect of it.

True, but as you admitted it wasn't "dominant".  If that throw goes the other way the result is flipped. There is an element of luck involved in positions like that, and I say that as a guy who almost always benefited from positions like that.

Joseph will adjust prior to NCAAs, guaranteed. Cael will step in, show him how to counter Marinelli. Well, he should at least.

14 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

The difference in the match was a 6 point move by Marinelli. Not exactly "domination".

1 guy scored all of the TDs, plus the only back points, plus escaped easily, and won by a large margin.  

Just now, TobusRex said:

True, but as you admitted it wasn't "dominant".  If that throw goes the other way the result is flipped. There is an element of luck involved in positions like that, and I say that as a guy who almost always benefited from positions like that.

Joseph will adjust prior to NCAAs, guaranteed. Cael will step in, show him how to counter Marinelli. Well, he should at least.

Like Cael showed him after the last time Marinelli threw Joseph?

1 minute ago, boconnell said:

1 guy scored all of the TDs, plus the only back points, plus escaped easily, and won by a large margin.  

"All the takedowns". You say that like Marinelli was taking Joseph down at will.

2 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

But it didn't go the other way. How many moments in every single match could that be said about?

I have no doubt Joseph will come more prepared next time.

Just now, russelscout said:

But it didn't go the other way. How many moments in every single match could that be said about?

I have no doubt Joseph will come more prepared next time.

I've seen it happen on multiple occasions with Joseph. Twice against IMAR, and against Marinelli as well. Almost every match with Kaid Brock (LOL).

1 minute ago, TobusRex said:

I've seen it happen on multiple occasions with Joseph. Twice against IMAR, and against Marinelli as well. Almost every match with Kaid Brock (LOL).

It happens all the time. Pointing out "it could have happened the other way" you are pretty much saying those matches  results mean less because there could have been a different outcome. You are arguing what could have been instead of what actually happened and that seems pretty silly.

9 hours ago, Gantry said:

Folks, remember you can hover your mouse over any username and add him or her to your ignore list.   You are under no obligation to keep replying to them, things are often better off if you don't...

I did that the other day and removed at least 10 individuals who continuously throw non-wrestling issues into the arena. Now the board is what its intended to be, at least for me!

9 hours ago, TobusRex said:

Just watched this match on youtube. The 6 point move wasn't one of those 50-50 positions. It was a nice little duck under to a body lock. Joseph kind of made an attempt to overhook and inside trip, but it was far too late. Against any other wrestler, Joseph may have been able to muscle through that, but Marinelli had him dead to rights. The second takedown was an ill-advised inside trip attempt by Joseph that Marinelli looked to be sitting on and countered nicely. Marinelli controlled every aspect of that match, so if it wasn't a domination, it was damn close.

Marinelli could prove to be a matchup problem because he seems pretty good about avoiding those upper body ties (whereas Imar lived in those spots) and stays in great position. That said, Joseph is more than capable of making the adjustments needed to win that match, and I hope we see it at NCAAs. It's good for wrestling to have a rivalry like this. Other guys could throw a wrench in a rematch though, like Wick, who is a still tough matchup for Marinelli.