lu_alum

I really enjoyed the Gable Steveson 4x undefeated era

4 hours ago, LemonPie said:

I think we’re out of challengers for awhile.  Really thought one of Spencer, Yianni, Gable, or Fix could have done it.  Guess Yianni should have hit up FLWC 

I think Lee and Yianni are happy they got their national championship instead of sitting out a year to chase that record. Really shouldn’t even be talked about until someone gets to their senior season unblemished 

7 hours ago, scramble said:

Every time one of these.. I really enjoyed the era posts comes up it is a reminder of how impressive what Sanderson did as a wrestler was nothing short of amazing. 

Same here. 

What he achieved was incredible!

13 hours ago, tightwaist said:

Gibbons and Johnson act like Cassar is some chiseled 250 lb Adonis (he puts on 5 lbs every time we see him).  He can’t be much north of 225.

Cassar weighs in at basically 230lbs every time.  I think one time he weighed in at 231lbs.  He did say in an interview that his plan is to, and he expects to be awarded two more years.  He wants to wrestle his 6th year and then make a run the Olympics.  He said his plan is to put on 20 more lbs in the off season to come back next year bigger.

Steveson didn't even look bigger than Cassar.  I don't know what Steveson weighs but Cassar looked just as big to me and Cassar looked stronger for sure.  

16 minutes ago, StallWarning said:

Cassar weighs in at basically 230lbs every time.  I think one time he weighed in at 231lbs.  He did say in an interview that his plan is to, and he expects to be awarded two more years.  He wants to wrestle his 6th year and then make a run the Olympics.  He said his plan is to put on 20 more lbs in the off season to come back next year bigger.

Steveson didn't even look bigger than Cassar.  I don't know what Steveson weighs but Cassar looked just as big to me and Cassar looked stronger for sure.  

Steveson has a bigger lower body, Cassar has a bigger upper body, but not by much.  You can pack a lot of mass in the hips/glutes/thighs.  Steveson looked plenty strong during his TD.

Edited by jchapman

I still favor Steveson in the re match at NCAA's if they meet. If Cassar can pack on 20 more pounds of pure muscle in the off season and retain his explosive athleticism, I think the scales could then tip in his favor. 

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

I still favor Steveson in the re match at NCAA's if they meet. If Cassar can pack on 20 more pounds of pure muscle in the off season and retain his explosive athleticism, I think the scales could then tip in his favor. 

Isn’t Cassar a senior?