141, NJ, 9-0

149 NJ, 12-0

157 PA, 12-3

165 OH, 12-6

174 MN, 12-9

184 NJ, 18-9

197 TX, 18-12

285 NJ, 21-12

If MN can claim Hall ( who has lived everywhere), shouldn’t MD claim Martin? Martin prepped at the McDonough School in MD.

PRIOR TO OHIO STATE

• Ranked No. 1 in the country by multiple outlets at 182-pounds

• No. 3 recruit nationally by FloWrestling

• Baltimore Sun All-Metro Wrestler of the Year

• A four-time national prep finalist and junior national freestyle champion

• Went 46-1 as a junior with 25 pins … career record of 171-15

• Won 92 matches for his final two high school seasons

• Placed first at the 2014 National Preps

• Two-time Beast of the East champ

• Three-time MIAA state champion and Maryland Independent Schools State Tournament champ

• Led McDonough to a triple crown in 2014: the MIAA’s A Conference dual meet title, tournament title and the MIS wrestling tournament team title

That would swing the score to the field beating NJ, 18-15.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

my bad..Pennsylvania did Score with with Nolf and not Marinelli...PA has 2x the wrestlers then  NJ but they couldn't score more then 3 points today in the best conference in USA. ..Pennsylvania wrestlers were such a non factor in the Big 10 finals I got confused.

Edited by moveurfeet32

5 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

Fine. Doesn’t change where he went to HS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And he always wrestled for NJ at Fargo. And it doesn't change where he lived. Never said it was 100%. Same applies several of the Blair kids. Some of the out of staters wrestle for NJ some for their home states.

How come RU isn't landing any of these kids?  Ash stayed home - unusual for a stud, got lucky with Suriano coming back but most of the other elites go elsewhere.

Did RU have a shot, recruit, come close to landing say - Cassar, Rivera?  And what about for example a Lewis, McFadden (VT).  So many solid NJ kids AA'ing at other schools.  What about this years NJ State Champs going elsewhere (Alvarez - NC State, Raimo - ASU, Foca, Cardenas, Fernandes (Believe all to Cornell).  RU not compelling to any of them?

Yeah you got Aragona and Kanniard (but doesnt seem he'll be a star imo) but c'mon, time to step it up.  RU needs at least 5 solid guys who can AA to take the next step up.

2 hours ago, moveurfeet32 said:

my bad..Pennsylvania did Score with with Nolf and not Marinelli...PA has 2x the wrestlers then  NJ but they couldn't score more then 3 points today in the best conference in USA. ..Pennsylvania wrestlers were such a non factor in the Big 10 finals I got confused.

But the State school from PA won the team title by 35 points, and beat the state school from New Jersey by nearly 100 points.

22 minutes ago, josephe said:

How come RU isn't landing any of these kids?  Ash stayed home - unusual for a stud, got lucky with Suriano coming back but most of the other elites go elsewhere.

Did RU have a shot, recruit, come close to landing say - Cassar, Rivera?  And what about for example a Lewis, McFadden (VT).  So many solid NJ kids AA'ing at other schools.  What about this years NJ State Champs going elsewhere (Alvarez - NC State, Raimo - ASU, Foca, Cardenas, Fernandes (Believe all to Cornell).  RU not compelling to any of them?

Yeah you got Aragona and Kanniard (but doesnt seem he'll be a star imo) but c'mon, time to step it up.  RU needs at least 5 solid guys who can AA to take the next step up.

They land plenty of  NJ state champs.  Cassar and Rivera weren't can't miss guys coming out of HS.  Both were only one time champs in NJ.  What they really need are out of state studs.  Penn State has a nice mix on their squad.

53 minutes ago, josephe said:

As for Cornell I would have to think that they have a direct pipeline with Mike Gray.

10 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Cornell is taking a bunch of studs from Jersey, plus Howard is headed to PSU and the kid who beat Howard is also leaving the State.

True on Cornell.  I think Rutgers is getting a different guy that beat Howard from OH or something.

10 hours ago, CoachWrestling said:

I hate New Jersey, horrible place. 

That's what my wife and I said befor we got married - I'm from suburban Maryland, she is from central Michigan.  We both lived in NYC for 10 years before looking to settle down, and always joked that we would NEVER move to Jersey - but here we are.  There are some really nice small towns and suburbs here, great schools, terrific opportunities for the kids (ours are both into theater and arts, but there some great sports teams as well), and easy access to NYC.

People who like to bash New Jersey really have no clue what's here...  But maybe that's OK, we can keep it all to ourselves!

12 hours ago, josephe said:

It never ends.  Perhaps try harder not to be objectionable. 

6 from NJ - 2 from Rutgers.  How is Suriano a "lucky" get?  The guy bleeds RU Red every match. 

What is wrong with PSU??? How many Pennsylvania guys scored for them - 1?  How come they don't get more "of these guys"?  

Clearly Iowa and Ohio State have no idea what they are doing - they had no in-state guys win for them. 

SeaBass goes to one of the finest coeducational institutions in the country if not the world.  

McKenna stared out at Stanford and then transferred to arguably the 2nd best wrestling school in the country.  Myles made the same call and clearly has done tremendously well.   

Cassar went to the best wrestling school in the world.   

You list 5 of the 14 State Champs and question why they don't go to RU.  You conveniently leave off 2 of the 14 - 15% You're never going to get all of these guys at Rutgers.  That is OK.    I like Aragona (#1 ranked kid at his weight) and Kanniard (ranked in the top 6 of his weight class nationally).  Solid kids who should do great things. 

Arguably the best day ever for Rutgers wrestling.  Give it a rest.