moveurfeet32

New Jersey 21 Big 10 field 12..final

1 hour ago, red blades said:

That's what my wife and I said befor we got married - I'm from suburban Maryland, she is from central Michigan.  We both lived in NYC for 10 years before looking to settle down, and always joked that we would NEVER move to Jersey - but here we are.  There are some really nice small towns and suburbs here, great schools, terrific opportunities for the kids (ours are both into theater and arts, but there some great sports teams as well), and easy access to NYC.

People who like to bash New Jersey really have no clue what's here...  But maybe that's OK, we can keep it all to ourselves!

So true...  Most people who knock NJ either have never lived here or maybe have only landed at Newark airport or base their opinion on MTV's "Jersey Shore".  

NJ is just like most states with - pros and cons.  I have a small place in Ortley Beach and guess what - most of my neighbors are from PA and NY and they love it here.

11 hours ago, CoachWrestling said:

I hate New Jersey, horrible place. 

WTF do you know about New Jersey?   The Jersey Shore is terrific.  Restaurants and entertainment abounds.  It's hard to beat the QoL.  

Attend Rutgers and you are in immediate proximity of every major global bank, pharma company, and Investment firm.  Something to consider if you want to work outside of wrestling once you graduate.

The B1G has schools in the lovely flyover states  of: Indiana, Iowa, Nebraska, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsyltucky, Minny, Wisky, and everyone's favorite - Illinois.  Are any of these states better for economy, cultural activities, or employment potential?  That's a big fat NO.  Do all of those states have hellacious weather.  Yes. 

Maryland  has some nice areas and good seafood, no question. 

So true...  Most people who knock NJ either have never lived here or maybe have only landed at Newark airport or base their opinion on MTV's "Jersey Shore".  
NJ is just like most states with - pros and cons.  I have a small place in Ortley Beach and guess what - most of my neighbors are from PA and NY and they love it here.

Our place is on Harding ave in Ortley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, TFBJR said:

WTF do you know about New Jersey?   The Jersey Shore is terrific.  Restaurants and entertainment abounds.  It's hard to beat the QoL.  

Attend Rutgers and you are in immediate proximity of every major global bank, pharma company, and Investment firm.  Something to consider if you want to work outside of wrestling once you graduate.

The B1G has schools in the lovely flyover states  of: Indiana, Iowa, Nebraska, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsyltucky, Minny, Wisky, and everyone's favorite - Illinois.  Are any of these states better for economy, cultural activities, or employment potential?  That's a big fat NO.  Do all of those states have hellacious weather.  Yes. 

I am from the better half of our fine commonwealth. Not sayin' which half that is. Could be either on any given day. 

2 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

I am from the better half of our fine commonwealth. Not sayin' which half that is. Could be either on any given day. 

I like Pennsylvanians fine.  My mother is from Kentucky.  But I would not want to live that far from the ocean and from good food and  concerts, Broadway, Manhattan, etc.  Of all the states represented in the B1G, NJ is by far the best choice in terms of weather, food, fun, affluence, and employment.  I'd still move somewhere warm in a heartbeat though.  PAC12 or SEC would be just fine by me. 

1 minute ago, TFBJR said:

I like Pennsylvanians fine.  My mother is from Kentucky.  But I would not want to live that far from the ocean and from good food and  concerts, Broadway, Manhattan, etc.  Of all the states represented in the B1G, NJ is by far the best choice in terms of weather, food, fun, affluence, and employment.  I'd still move somewhere warm in a heartbeat though.  PAC12 or SEC would be just fine by me. 

I was in Kentucky last year to watch a horse race. It rained on my group in Biblical proportions!

1 hour ago, Chitown said:

This guy is certainly happy 

Image result for joey buttafuoco

And while we're at it, most of the Jersey Shore cast is also from New York. Perhaps a picture of Bruce Springsteen would have done. Or maybe John Bon Jovi. My personal favorite is A Song of Ice and Fire author George R.R. Martin.

20 hours ago, Hotkarl712 said:

And while we're at it, most of the Jersey Shore cast is also from New York. Perhaps a picture of Bruce Springsteen would have done. Or maybe John Bon Jovi. My personal favorite is A Song of Ice and Fire author George R.R. Martin.

Despite,  but nothing says Rutger-esq mentality like Joey Buttafuoco - Jersey Shore is so out of style.

Impressive high school peer list in that era :) 

• Joey Buttafuoco (born 1956, class of 1974), auto body shop owner best known for having had an affair with a 17-year-old woman who later shot his wife
  • Mary Jo Buttafuoco (born 1955, class of 1974), motivational speaker, and ex-wife of Joey Buttafuoco
  • Candy Darling (1944-1974), transgender Andy Warhol superstar
  • Jessica Hahn (born 1959, class of 1977), Playboy model, actor, focus of Jim Bakker scandal
  • Jerry Seinfeld (born 1954, class of 1972), comedian.
  • Brian Setzer (born 1959, class of 1977), musician

On 3/11/2019 at 11:25 AM, TFBJR said:

I know plenty about New Jersey being from south eastern PA, I describe jersey as the armpit of the country. The jersey shore is a filthy place swarming with nasty foul New Yorkers 

37 minutes ago, Chitown said:

Despite,  but nothing says Rutger-esq mentality like Joey Buttafuoco - Jersey Shore is so out of style.

• Joey Buttafuoco (born 1956, class of 1974), auto body shop owner best known for having had an affair with a 17-year-old woman who later shot his wife
  • Mary Jo Buttafuoco (born 1955, class of 1974), motivational speaker, and ex-wife of Joey Buttafuoco
  • Jessica Hahn (born 1959, class of 1977), Playboy model, actor, focus of Jim Bakker scandal

Joey Buffafucco is not from New Jersey (thats NY). So funny how people try to bash the Jersey Shore because a show they watched on MTV about a 1 mile stretch of NJ. And always the people bashing somehow don't post where their from. 

16 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

I know plenty about New Jersey being from south eastern PA, I describe jersey as the armpit of the country. The jersey shore is a filthy place swarming with nasty foul New Yorkers 

No you don't...You save up your money (as do most from Eastern PA) so you have a chance to visit the Jersey Shore in the summer because your area sucks. Thats been obvious forever! 

33 minutes ago, moveurfeet32 said:

Joey Buffafucco is not from New Jersey (thats NY). So funny how people try to bash the Jersey Shore because a show they watched on MTV about a 1 mile stretch of NJ. And always the people bashing somehow don't post where their from. 

They're all from NY. That was the point.

I believe all from Massapequa HS.

That's what my wife and I said befor we got married - I'm from suburban Maryland, she is from central Michigan.  We both lived in NYC for 10 years before looking to settle down, and always joked that we would NEVER move to Jersey - but here we are.  There are some really nice small towns and suburbs here, great schools, terrific opportunities for the kids (ours are both into theater and arts, but there some great sports teams as well), and easy access to NYC.
People who like to bash New Jersey really have no clue what's here...  But maybe that's OK, we can keep it all to ourselves!
Western Jersey along the Delaware is great too.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

51 minutes ago, moveurfeet32 said:

No you don't...You save up your money (as do most from Eastern PA) so you have a chance to visit the Jersey Shore in the summer because your area sucks. Thats been obvious forever! 

Absolutely not, I’ll go for a day trip at most because I have young kids and they don’t know any better. For the most part it’s filthy and the water is gross. I go on cruises because for a few extra hundred dollars I can go to clean beaches with water I can see my toes in. 

12 hours ago, Chitown said:

What does any of this even mean?  None of these people went to Rutgers.  This is a High School listing from another state. 

Rutgers University:  

·        29 schools and colleges - 50,900+ undergraduates - 19,900+ graduate students

·        150+ undergraduate majors - 400+ graduate programs

·        8,500+ full- and part-time faculty - Home to 300 research centers and institutes –

·        $712 million in annual research and development expenditures

Can you really describe 70,000+ people in one slur?   

12 hours ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

We all aspire to live in southeastern PA.   Perennially rated just behind the South of France as the #1 dream vacation destination.  

Brush your tooth.

And we all know you can't see your toes.  Now you are just being silly. 

Edited by TFBJR
Additional personal attack

56 minutes ago, TFBJR said:

We all aspire to live in southeastern PA.   Perennially rated just behind the South of France as the #1 dream vacation destination.  

Brush your tooth.

And we all know you can't see your toes.  Now you are just being silly. 

No it’s you that can’t see your toes when you go into your ocean up to your ankles. 

42 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

No it’s you that can’t see your toes when you go into your ocean up to your ankles. 

What's the difference. There is good reason why people can't see the bottom when they go in the ocean in New Jersey, and it is probably not what most people think.