Idaho

Seeding 125

not sure 3 loss Lee gets seeded above unbeaten Mueller, but if it's a 4/5 scenario guess it's not a huge deal either way.  

arguing seeds. huge Mueller fan and like his game vs Lee but I'd bet Lee in that match-up. 

Could also see Vito at 7 over Russell.

re Glory....that dude has shown he can take a beating and improve majorly next time he wrestles a guy (Lee, Vito)

19 hours ago, Idaho said:

Assuming Pinc holds serve....

1 - RIvera

2 - Picc

3 - Bresser

4 - Lee

??????????

Jack Muller is still undefeated. I know his schedule has been light but he did major Fausz. Not sure what he needed, or how many L's the others had to take before he could break into the top 4. 

A       or       B

1 Rivera      1 Picc

2 Picc         2 Rivera

3 Bresser   3 Bresser

4 Mueller   4 Mueller

5 Lee          5 Lee

6 Glory       6 Russell

7 Russell     7 Glory

If Rivera: do you prefer A or B above?

If Picc: do you prefer A or B above?

Now if you are a forum poster then ya gotta prefer your guy being #1, else it just ain't right!  ;)

Who would have thought at the beginning of the season that Lee would be seeded so low?  

Lee seriously runs the risk of not only dropping to the 3/4 bout, but even the 5/6 bout in my opinion.  

Based on what I've seen, each of the top 4 could beat him this year, as could Glory and even maybe Vito.  

I wonder if Lee or Brands will come clean after this season and spill what the heck has been going on with him.  This is a real Sophomore Slump for a guy that calibre.

12 minutes ago, ionel said:

A       or       B

1 Rivera      1 Picc

2 Picc         2 Rivera

3 Bresser   3 Bresser

4 Mueller   4 Mueller

5 Lee          5 Lee

6 Glory       6 Russell

7 Russell     7 Glory

If Rivera: do you prefer A or B above?

If Picc: do you prefer A or B above?

Now if you are a forum poster then ya gotta prefer your guy being #1, else it just ain't right!  ;)

I'd say the 2 is better than the 1 seed. I wouldn't want Lee/Mueller on my side of the bracket

4 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

Who would have thought at the beginning of the season that Lee would be seeded so low?  

Lee seriously runs the risk of not only dropping to the 3/4 bout, but even the 5/6 bout in my opinion.  

Based on what I've seen, each of the top 4 could beat him this year, as could Glory and even maybe Vito.  

I wonder if Lee or Brands will come clean after this season and spill what the heck has been going on with him.  This is a real Sophomore Slump for a guy that calibre.

No way Glory beats him. Spencer smashed him twice this season. Both times Glory had some offense but both times it wasn't close. 

Unless you think Glory has jumped levels? That is possible. 

Glory is excellent, especially for a TF. He can make the podium for sure. 

1 minute ago, Nicky_Pipes said:

I'd say the 2 is better than the 1 seed. I wouldn't want Lee/Mueller on my side of the bracket

I'd agree.  If I'm either Rivera or Picc, I'd prefer the 2 spot.  There's always something about needing to beat one of those top guys for the 2nd or 3rd time in a year, versus facing a totally different stud who has no current feel for your moves.

44 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Jack Muller is still undefeated. I know his schedule has been light but he did major Fausz. Not sure what he needed, or how many L's the others had to take before he could break into the top 4. 

It’s Muller only win against top 20 opponent Fausz was ranked #17. He is a major unknown at this point. 

9 minutes ago, Sublime607 said:

It’s Muller only win against top 20 opponent Fausz was ranked #17. He is a major unknown at this point. 

Not sure unknown is the exact right word for a former NCAA semi finalist at the weight, but I get your point that he hasn't wrestled much of a schedule. 

With Picc being undefeated with 31 wins I think he gets the #1 seed.  Especially with his pin over Lee.  Also, while the rankings have Rivera #1, it is going to be hard to ignore Mueller.  He has 17 wins with 15 of those win being bonus points I think.  Now there is no question he has not had the toughest opponents, but it is pretty hard to ignore that many bonus point wins and be undefeated.  So I think he is #2.  Then Rivera #3.  After that, I think you have Bresser #4 and Lee #5.  

Now, if I am John Smith I vote with the coaches on Rivera being #1, and I take the #2 seed.  No matter how it shakes out I think the #1 seed gets Lee and Bresser on that side.  I would much rather have to go through Mueller than I would Lee or Bresser.  The reason being, I would rather go through a guy who hasn't really been battle tested in the semi's than Lee who has just come out of the big 10 conference.  I would also rather catch Rivera in the finals than I would to wrestle Lee again in the semi's.  Easier to beat somebody once at that level than twice in a row.

Regardless, I think Picc wins it.  

I do think it will end up

Picc

Mueller

Rivera

Bresser

Lee

5 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Sure. He's unbeaten and he pinned Lee who will be top 4, top 5. I do believe Rivera has better strength of schedule, though. 

I'm not seeing a SOS advantage for Rivera. 

From the FLO top 10 rankings he beat #3 Lee, #4 Bresser, #8 Fleetwood, 

Picc beat #3 Lee, #6 Russell, #8 Fleetwood, #9 Glory.

I'm not seeing a big difference there.  I guess Rivera beat a few more guys in the 15-20 range, but I don't see that as a big difference when both guys have multiple top 10 wins.  They are both undefeated at the weight so I'd assume it comes down primarily to coaches ranking.  Either guy #1 isn't wrong.  

3 minutes ago, boconnell said:

I'm not seeing a SOS advantage for Rivera. 

From the FLO top 10 rankings he beat #3 Lee, #4 Bresser, #8 Fleetwood, 

Picc beat #3 Lee, #6 Russell, #8 Fleetwood, #9 Glory.

I'm not seeing a big difference there.  I guess Rivera beat a few more guys in the 15-20 range, but I don't see that as a big difference when both guys have multiple top 10 wins.  They are both undefeated at the weight so I'd assume it comes down primarily to coaches ranking.  Either guy #1 isn't wrong.  

OSU:  Rivera doesn't have any losses at 125.  Rivera should be the number # seed.

NW: Picc is undefeated and has a pin on Lee where we just had 2 decisions on him.  One was even in OT.  Picc should be the #1 seed. 

So it would appear most are penalizing Rivera for not being undefeated, due to the fact he took the challenge and bumped up to 133 to face #1 Micic. What would the conversation be had he not done so? 

Just now, scramble said:

OSU:  Rivera doesn't have any losses at 125.  Rivera should be the number # seed.

NW: Picc is undefeated and has a pin on Lee where we just had 2 decisions on him.  One was even in OT.  Picc should be the #1 seed. 

Yep.  Nobody has any idea how seeding at 3-5 will go so nobody knows which argument to make at 1-2.  

1 minute ago, Holtfan said:

So it would appear most are penalizing Rivera for not being undefeated, due to the fact he took the challenge and bumped up to 133 to face #1 Micic. What would the conversation be had he not done so? 

Who are 'most'?  Where is the post in this thread doing that?  I don't see a single person saying that loss should affect seeding.

1 minute ago, Holtfan said:

I wouldn’t base my decision off of that because as Brands would put it “your settings our sport back 20 years” lol.