Sign in to follow this  
NJDan

The Heavyweight Match was Weird

I think we have been spoiled by watch Snyder the past 3 years. Normal HWT matches are not a ball of movement. How many OT matches have I seen folks complain on here about at HWT?

Gable looked tentative. Maybe he saw all that braun and feared he’d be crushed by it so didn’t want to shoot. Maybe he has some small injury we don’t know about. Maybe he’s just too damn cocky. Maybe he remembered getting flattened by Coon at open nationals. Whatever it is, he looked like he believe Cassar would never score on him. The result was a defeat. 

3 hours ago, 462711 said:

I think we have been spoiled by watch Snyder the past 3 years. Normal HWT matches are not a ball of movement. How many OT matches have I seen folks complain on here about at HWT?

Speaking of Snyder, I have the impression he'd beat Steveson badly. Probably by major. 

Coon teched him correct but that was last year. I guess I would favor Snyder as well. Would love to see that match. Cassar going to wrestle Freestyle? I would assume 213? We need more competition for Snyder at 213. I would guess Gable can not make 213:-)

I couldn't tell if Steveson was overconfident or bored or what but then again, I used to think Ed Ruth "wrestled bored" but that was just his style. However, Gable did zero work on top when he could probably have used his size advantage to wear Cassar out and maybe pick up some RT. I don't know what he was thinking cutting him loose right away both times.

I don't think Steveson thought he could be taken down. Once he got his takedown, he looked content to hold position and win 3-2. I got the feeling he could have taken Cassar down 3 times if he worked hard for it, but who knows. Cassar is definitely legit though.

3 minutes ago, headshuck said:

Hurricane suggested this avatar.  I think he's a PSU fan.  Hmm.

(Baseless) rumor is that he convinced @Vak to change his avatar to Mike Evans and Thomas Gilman! 

2 hours ago, pamela said:

(Baseless) rumor is that he convinced @Vak to change his avatar to Mike Evans and Thomas Gilman! 

2 hours ago, headshuck said:

And then to Spencer Lee!   

The VakAttack avatar curse continues!