BigTenFanboy

Spencer Lee did not have riding time.

Spencer had 1:18 seconds of riding time prior to being taken down in regulation. If you rewatch the video Rivera scored the TD with 20 seconds left. Riding time then goes UP for 2 seconds then goes back down. Lee was given 1:02 of riding them when he actually should have had :58.

For those that are upset that Rivera got the hands to the face call which is well within the rules, you should be equally if not more upset with the fact that the match even went to OT.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Just now, qc8223 said:

You’re wrong. Takedown was not awarded until 16 seconds left. Riding time did go the wrong way initially but it couldn’t be erased at that point anyway. 

Rivera had both ankles at 20 remaining which is a td. If reviewed the riding time would have been taken away.

1 minute ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Rivera had both ankles at 20 remaining which is a td. If reviewed the riding time would have been taken away.

You could make that argument, but you didn’t. Rivera barely has the far ankle at 20 and when he firmly secured it at 16 the takedown was given. I doubt that gets overturned. If it did Lee would get a restart with 20 to try to escape to tie too. 

1 minute ago, qc8223 said:

You could make that argument, but you didn’t. Rivera barely has the far ankle at 20 and when he firmly secured it at 16 the takedown was given. I doubt that gets overturned. If it did Lee would get a restart with 20 to try to escape to tie too. 

I'm making the argument now. Bottom line Lee did not have 1 min of riding time.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

I rewatched it. The TD was awarded with 16 seconds, which makes riding time correct. The RT clock did go in the wrong direction and finished with 1:08, but it was corrected to 1:02

Just now, simple said:

I rewatched it. The TD was awarded with 16 seconds, which makes riding time correct. The RT clock did go in the wrong direction and finished with 1:08, but it was corrected to 1:02

Td was awarded 4 seconds late. Rivera gets the 2nd ankle with :20 on the clock.

4 minutes ago, Rhackler said:

Now you're trying so hard you've wandered out of the shade of your frequent semantical BS.  

No semantics here. Technicalities yes. Rivera technically scored a td with 20 seconds left. Match should have ended in regulation with the win by Rivera. The td in OT was the rubber stamp on the win.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

4 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

And Rivera scored the td with 20 seconds left. Riding time was erased.

Okay then I’ll add that the official inexplicably didnt do the stall count for the final 13 seconds Rivera hung on the single leg which would have stopped riding time from going down. You’ve been defeated. 

3 minutes ago, qc8223 said:

Okay then I’ll add that the official inexplicably didnt do the stall count for the final 13 seconds Rivera hung on the single leg which would have stopped riding time from going down. You’ve been defeated. 

False because Rivera came up to his feet and shelved it on his leg. Riding time continues.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

13 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

False because Rivera came up to his feet and shelved it on his leg. Riding time continues.

I disagree with that interpretation of the rule just like you disagree with the officials interpretation of when control was established for the takedown. It appears we are at an impasse. Oh well.

Just now, qc8223 said:

I disagree with that interpretation of the rule just like you disagree with the officials interpretation of when control was established for the takedown. It appears we are at an impasse. Oh well.

Oh well is correct. See we finally agreed on something!

37 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Lee had 1:18. Rivera was awarded the TD with 16 second left. Lee earned the RT point.

Td should have been awarded at :20. Secured both legs. If reviewed the call on the mat would have been overturned. No riding time.

I doubt that the timing of a call is reviewable. If it was, we could have a brick on every TD with the coaches arguing it was awarded five seconds too early or  3 seconds too late.

19 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Td should have been awarded at :20. Secured both legs. If reviewed the call on the mat would have been overturned. No riding time.

Again, if the call was overturned under review (it wouldn't have been), they would have restarted the match at :20, giving lee a chance, not only to escape, but escape before losing riding time to win the match. So at this point, I'll agree with you. Spencer Lee got screwed!

10 hours ago, skikayaker said:

Spencer Lee will get it done like Joseph. At the NCAA Championship finals!

78036897.jpg

Brent Fleetwood is gonna shock the world and win NCAA's.

Edited by stp

We get it, you can't stand that Iowa has some good wrestlers. But come on man, Lee lost, no need to worry so much. But rt doenst start until the takedowns awarded.