BigTenFanboy

Spencer Lee did not have riding time.

1 minute ago, qc8223 said:

Again, if the call was overturned under review (it wouldn't have been), they would have restarted the match at :20, giving lee a chance, not only to escape, but escape before losing riding time to win the match. So at this point, I'll agree with you. Spencer Lee got screwed!

Or Spencer could have gotten ridden out for those remaining 20 seconds. No screw job here. Spencer was wrongfully given the opportunity to win in OT when he should have been. Rivera almost got screwed but he came through.

When are you gonna change your name to pennstatefanboy? Or was that already taken? Its obvious your pushing your anti-iowa narrative because your insecurities about your team. But dont worry PSU is gonna dominate ncaas like they did big10s

Edited by Molsen

Just now, BigTenFanboy said:

Or Spencer could have gotten ridden out for those remaining 20 seconds. No screw job here. Spencer was wrongfully given the opportunity to win in OT when he should have been. Rivera almost got screwed but he came through.

No, clearly Rivera was wrongly given the opportunity to win the match in overtime. Spencer Lee got screwed.

No, clearly Rivera was wrongly given the opportunity to win the match in overtime. Spencer Lee got screwed.

No. Rivera was correctly awarded a clear technical violation of hands to the face.

Unless you believe wrestlers should be allowed to put hands to the face.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

10 minutes ago, NJDan said:

I doubt that the timing of a call is reviewable. If it was, we could have a brick on every TD with the coaches arguing it was awarded five seconds too early or  3 seconds too late.

I don't think it is, but isn't it basically once they are reviewing a call they will also review the clock to determine RT, etc?

4 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Rivera = Northwestern

Northwestern part of B1G

Read my edit. If you were a fan of big10 wrestling youd also be a fan of iowas good wrestlers. You dont appear to be.

6 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

No. Rivera was correctly awarded a clear technical violation of hands to the face.

Unless you believe wrestlers should be allowed to put hands to the face.

Rivera's hand went to Spencer's face 10 seconds into the match and again with :22 left in the first. Probably more often than that. With those points, the match doesn't go to OT. Lee clearly got screwed.

Edited by qc8223

Rivera's hand went to Spencer's face 10 seconds into the match and again with :22 left in the first. Probably more often than that. With those points, the match doesn't go to OT. Lee clearly go screwed.

not in the triangle. On the forehead.

For the record, I don't feel strongly that Spencer got screwed, though the hands to the face was certainly ticky tacky. BigTenFanboy's whole argument is absolutely silly and completely unnecessary given his guy won the match. Nobody got screwed in that match. Some calls went against Spencer and others went against Rivera.

1 minute ago, gimpeltf said:

And a couple others mentioned in these threads were to the side of the face.

His hand was on Spencer's cheek which is in the triangle. I don't think it should be a point, but if we're going to strictly adhere to the letter of the law like we did in the double unders situation, we have to in those too.

Edited by qc8223

Just now, BigTenFanboy said:

Whizzer is irrelevant when both legs are secured.

I don't think the official felt he had fully secured the second ankle. 4 seconds later, when he pulled it in, forcing lee to both knees, the takedown was given. That's a judgement call, though I wouldn't be upset if they made a definitive ruling on that for the future.