BigTenFanboy

Spencer Lee did not have riding time.

2 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

I've looked at 2:50 several times- I don't see anything close. Seb was in a collar tie and went to an ankle pick pushing Lee away from the collar.

It's actually at 2:48. He goes for a club, but his hand ends up right in Spencer's eyes. Now, it ended up there because it was redirected by Spencer's own club, but you could make the same argument for the point Rivera got. Intent doesn't seem to factor into this.

Edited by qc8223

1 minute ago, TBar1977 said:

His hand is on the leg, but is it secured yet? That is a judgement call. 

1 minute ago, qc8223 said:

I don't think the official felt he had fully secured the second ankle. 4 seconds later, when he pulled it in, forcing lee to both knees, the takedown was given. That's a judgement call, though I wouldn't be upset if they made a definitive ruling on that for the future.

Sebastian was lifting the right foot off the mat. In order to lift a foot off the mat you need to secure the leg.

Heres what it looked like at :16 No difference than :20.

No riding time.

bt40KxT.png

1 minute ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Sebastian was lifting the right foot off the mat. In order to lift a foot off the mat you need to secure the leg.

Heres what it looked like at :16 No difference than :20.

No riding time.

bt40KxT.png

Lol "no difference" There's clearly a difference between the two positions. Spencer is now on both knees and Rivera is now almost completely behind him too.

Just now, gimpeltf said:

Hard to tell from youtube video but in part there it looks more like Lee walked into Seb's hand if anything.

Well that's the thing. Those points have been given out for inadvertent contact left and right this year. Whether it was intentional has nothing to do with it. 

1 minute ago, qc8223 said:

Lol "no difference" There's clearly a difference between the two positions. Spencer is now on both knees and Rivera is now almost completely behind him too.

plus the right ankle is actually secured here

1 minute ago, BigTenFanboy said:

and it needs to be in the triangle. Not the cheek.

I've now watched the 2:48 moment several times. He clearly is in the triangle and with so much force it turns Lee's head as if he got punched. If you give Rivera a point later, you have to give Lee a point there. You've been definitively defeated. Good day, sir.

Just now, qc8223 said:

I've now watched the 2:48 moment several times. He clearly is in the triangle and with so much force it turns Lee's head as if he got punched. If you give Rivera a point later, you have to give Lee a point there. You've been definitively defeated. Good day, sir.

No. I have definitively won with the documentation provided. you have nothing but words.

I win

You lose.

2 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

No. I have definitively won with the documentation provided. you have nothing but words.

I win

You lose.

Skip to 1:12 in the video to see for yourself. Clearly a violation of the rules by the cheater Rivera.

Just now, BigTenFanboy said:

Dont see any hands to the face. Please provide a screenshot of the exact moment.

I've been trying, but I cannot get the video to stop at the right moment. Nevertheless, I will persist in my noble pursuit.

Just now, TBar1977 said:

Every match Spencer ever lost he's been cheated. Otherwise he'd still be undefeated. Right? 

sarcasm TBar. I think this whole conversation is ridiculous, but I have nothing to do at work right now, so here I am.

4 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

I looked again at 2:48 doing a stop and go. The initial contact there shows Rivera's fingers up around the headgear.

LeeRivera3.jpg

If you watch it on video, you will see Spencer's head snap to the right off this contact. You can't turn someone's head like that unless you come across the face.