BigTenFanboy

Spencer Lee did not have riding time.

Just now, BigTenFanboy said:

yes u can. If someone pushed you on the ear your face would turn.

On video, it looks like he makes initial contact on the forehead. Then his hand comes down across the face turning Spencer's head. If I were a Rivera fan, I would be pissed about that being a point. The rule sucks, but if you're going to enforce it, you have to be consistent. 

2 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

during those times contact to the face isnt made at all, you dunce.

Uhhh what? Clearly makes contact with the face starting at 1:13. 

Edited by qc8223

Just now, qc8223 said:

On video, it looks like he makes initial contact on the forehead. Then his hand comes down across the face turning Spencer's head. If I were a Rivera fan, I would be pissed about that being a point. The rule sucks, but if you're going to enforce it, you have to be consistent. 

Contact needs to be made to the face inorder fro there to be a point. You still cant provide the exact moment of the video that you speak of.

1 minute ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Contact needs to be made to the face inorder fro there to be a point. You still cant provide the exact moment of the video that you speak of.

It's a little harder to provide a screencap of a split second moment than of a position that lasted for 10 seconds bud. Slow the video down to .25 speed and put your glasses on and you'll see.

Just now, qc8223 said:

It's a little harder to provide a screencap of a split second moment than of a position that lasted for 10 seconds bud. Slow the video down to .25 speed and put your glasses on and you'll see.

Do get mad at me because you dont know how to use your computer.

9 minutes ago, qc8223 said:

If you watch it on video, you will see Spencer's head snap to the right off this contact. You can't turn someone's head like that unless you come across the face.

I'm sure you tried each scenario hundreds of times to be able to say that definitively.

And how do you know Lee wasn't turning his head so that the hand would slide off?

Just now, TBar1977 said:

If they start awarding Hands to the Face penalties for cheek slaps that Marinelli is going to give up a ton of points. 

This is true which is why the rule sucks. My point in drawing attention to this for this thread is not to say Spencer got screwed, but to point out that BTF's complaint about riding time is silly because each wrestler can make a case every match that the official missed tiny ticky tack stuff that would have changed the match. I wouldn't be surprised if Spencer was in the face at another point in the match that didn't get called either. Nobody got screwed here. The fact that they had to review the hands to face kind of speaks to how bad the rule is. If it isn't glaring live, it shouldn't be a penatly.

47 minutes ago, qc8223 said:

Rivera's hand went to Spencer's face 10 seconds into the match and again with :22 left in the first. Probably more often than that. With those points, the match doesn't go to OT. Lee clearly got screwed.

He might have gotten those on review if he'd had Jimmy Kennedy or Matt Storniolo in his corner. 

1 minute ago, BigTenFanboy said:

If it clearly did, provide the screenshot. you cant because it didnt happen.

I can't because I'm at work using a 15 year old computer and the moment last under a second. The only way to see it would be to have a slow motion video which you can do on the youtube video by switching to .25 speed.

1 minute ago, qc8223 said:

I can't because I'm at work using a 15 year old computer and the moment last under a second. The only way to see it would be to have a slow motion video which you can do on the youtube video by switching to .25 speed.

play it in slow mo

then pause the video the instance you claim to be hands to the face.

Then screen shot the paused video.

I'm trying to HELP YOU PROVE ME WRONG.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Just now, CholleyVandine said:

He might have gotten those on review if he'd had Jimmy Kennedy or Matt Storniolo in his corner. 

I think he might have. I think every match could have a hands to the face call if the coaches start challenging like that. There's lots of inadvertent light contact that looks worse on replay than live that could get called.

2 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

play it in slow mo

then pause the video the instance you claim to be hands to the face.

Then screen shot the paused video.

I'm trying to HELP YOU PROVE ME WRONG.

I'm trying to figure out how to screenshot on the ancient computers we use at work. If I was on my laptop this would be no problem.

lee1.PNG.f4f759b844730bd8c78242ad6777e590.PNG

You can see why it's tough to show in a screencap as the video become pretty blurry, which is why I recommended slow motion video. He makes first contact right above Lee's left eye. The downward motion of his club takes his hand right across the brim of Lee's nose, which is in the triangle. Rivera is officially the biggest cheater in college wrestling. I wonder if he'll lean into this heel status in 2 weeks.

Edited by qc8223

2 minutes ago, qc8223 said:

lee1.PNG.f4f759b844730bd8c78242ad6777e590.PNG

You can see why it's tough to show in a screencap as the video become pretty blurry, which is why I recommended slow motion video. He makes first contact right above Lee's left eye. The downward motion of his club takes his hand right across the brim of Lee's nose, which is in the triangle. Rivera is officially the biggest cheater in college wrestling. I wonder if he'll lean into this heel status in 2 weeks.

Nope. No hands to the face.