Sign in to follow this  
jeffrideal

Demas v. Brock

If you can find the match, watch it!  Demas hit Brock with 2 inside trips to headlocks in the first minute and pins Brock.  If any kid wants to learn how to bridge, they must watch Brock with the first headlock.   

20 minutes ago, Coach_J said:

Still watch it--fantastic technique:  

Thanks Coach J - Could you post a link to the other Big 12 Final matches?  I missed the Fox broadcast and they are not reshowing it.  

1 minute ago, KTG119 said:

Lehigh fans....I've never been able to find video....is that the Yozzo headlock?

These were both fairly standard inside trips where you end up in a headlock grip.

Yozzo used his feet like extras hands. He'd mix headlocks with tripping maneuvers but Pete's trips were closer to ankle picks and were generally cross directional- he'd take his right foot and go to his own left. The above was right leg to his own right from the inside out.

18 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

These were both fairly standard inside trips where you end up in a headlock grip.

Yozzo used his feet like extras hands. He'd mix headlocks with tripping maneuvers but Pete's trips were closer to ankle picks and were generally cross directional- he'd take his right foot and go to his own left. The above was right leg to his own right from the inside out.

Sounds like Dan Ackroyd announcing

Brock is an idiot.  Always seems to do dumb things on the mat.   This match also shows the good things coming with Lou being OU's head coach.

If tOSU didn't have McKenna, I'd be happy with Demas.

Edited by stp

1 hour ago, lu1979 said:

Thanks Coach J - Could you post a link to the other Big 12 Final matches?  I missed the Fox broadcast and they are not reshowing it.  

WIsh I could but this link was sent to me by a friend.  SIde note, Demas' dad is a helluva good guy.  Hired my son one summer to bounce at the bar where he worked.  He wrestled in the Army--good man.

2 hours ago, Dr. Novak said:

Brock took one for the team moving up to 141.  Too small and now he gets muscled and has morphed into a punching bag against the better 141 lbs.

Taking one for the team implies he chose to do it.  He cannot beat Fix and was forced to move up.  He is just fortunate Lewallen got hurt or he'd be backing up Gfeller.