Jimmy Cinnabon

How many did Ohio St qualify for NCAAs?

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Damn.  PSU only gets 9.  Ok St also qualified all 10 I think.

What about Iowa? Does Stoll make it?

Stoll would need a wildcard. Seems fairly likely he will get one, although possibly the last one. Heavyweight isn't that deep this year.

I believe Stoll will get a wildcard. But as for Iowa overall, I don't think the outlook for them is that great.

125, Spencer isn't the same this year so I have no clue where he finishes, maybe in the top 4 or in the top 6. 

133, DeSanto I think he will be in the same area as Spencer. 

141, Murin, depends on the draw, but I think if he's able to win a couple of matches maybe he will be able to perform better than expected. 

149, Lugo, I think he will be an AA, maybe as high as 4th, but more likely 4 through 8. 

157, Young, although he has had some bright spots as the full time starter, I think he's in the same boat as Murin, (albeit in a little better position), and that he will need to put some wins together, and maybe can get a 7th or 8th. 

165, Is this the year of the Bull? Maybe, it's looking good so far. 

174, Bowman will need a wildcard or an at large berth. 

184, Wilke, maybe a low AA for him. He will need to win a couple of key matches along the way. 

197, Warner, I think he will AA, probably 5 through 8. 

Hwt, Stoll, he, like Bowman will need a wildcard or at large berth. But even if that occurs, and big Sam gets into the tournament, he will need to wrestle better than he has if he wants to get on the podium. 

As far as the team race goes, well even if the Hawkeyes do get a bunch of people to AA, along with the Bull winning it all, I think they will be lucky to be in the top 5. 

Edited by de4856
Mistake

4 minutes ago, de4856 said:

I believe Stoll will get a wildcard. But as for Iowa overall, I don't think the outlook for them is that great.

125, Spencer isn't the same this year so I have no clue where he finishes, maybe in the top 4 or in the top 6. 

141, Murin, depends on the draw, but I think if he's able to win a couple of matches maybe he will be able to perform better than expected. 

149, Lugo, I think he will be an AA, maybe as high as 4th, but more likely 4 through 8. 

157, Young, although he has had some bright spots as the full time starter, I think he's in the same boat as Murin, (albeit in a little better position), and that he will need to put some wins together, and maybe can get a 7th or 8th. 

184, Wilke, maybe a low AA for him. He will need to win a couple of key matches along the way. 

125, Stoll, he, like Bowman will need a wildcard or at large berth. But even if that occurs, and big Sam gets into the tournament, he will need to wrestle better than he has if he wants to get on the podium. 

As far as the team race goes, well even if the Hawkeyes do get a bunch of people to AA, along with the Bull winning it all, I think they will be lucky to be in the top 5. 

I can't, fo the life of me, see Stoll making 125 (pounds).

7 minutes ago, de4856 said:

125, Stoll, he, like Bowman will need a wildcard or at large berth. But even if that occurs, and big Sam gets into the tournament, he will need to wrestle better than he has if he wants to get on the podium. 

If your predictions come true, Iowa will absolutely be top 4. You have 5 AAs, 1 champ, and 2 other potential AAs. With 5 AAs, even with Spencer in the 4-6 range, they will likely score 80 points or so. 

My tOSU homer picks for NCAA's!

125:  Malik - 0-2 or 1-2

133:  Pletcher:  7th/8th when all is said and done.  What a crazy deep field

141:  Mckenna:  2nd.  I think he does everything right until he gets to Yianni, and then Mr. Fantastic does his thing.

149:  Jordan:  1st!  When it matters most, Jordan beats Ashnault.  Your heard it here first!

157:  Hayes:  1-2 or 2-2.  He's just not dynamic enough, unless he wants to be, and it seems like he wants to be about 5% of the time.  I've never seen such a lethargic wrestler with the skills he has, but then I saw...

165:  Campbell:  1-2 or 2-2:  THE most frustrating wrestler I think I've ever seen.  He has mad top game, but doesn't use it.  He has mad strength, but doesn't use it.  It's almost as if he's got some lingering injury (back injury or something) that prevents him from moving the way he wants or even needs to.  Ugh... so frustrating to watch.

174:  Smith:  2-2, outside shot at 7th/8th:  Every year, upsets happen.  Smith has the skill set, drive, and apparent hunger to maybe have an upset or two in him.  If so, I honestly believe he could AA this year.  It's doubtful, but I think he could.

184:  MyMar:  1st.  I think he runs through the field, and I'm calling it now... Shak is upset in the Semi's by someone.  

197:  Moore:  3rd/4th:  AGAIN.  I think Weigel upsets him in the semi's, assuming Weigel is the 3rd seed.  

HWT:  Singletary:  1-2.  Has a win... something to show for it... but he's just not there with the other Heavies yet.

5 AA's at this point, with Pletcher being a HUGE question mark considering 133's depth.  So maybe 4 AA's.  

Seeding out all 33 is not good for Stoll. In years past he could hope for a "good draw" and get a sniff at the quarters.
This year he's a 30 or below seed. Losing to Aven from Purdue was the shot to the knee that sealed his fate.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, treep2000 said:

141:  Mckenna:  2nd.  I think he does everything right until he gets to Yianni, and then Mr. Fantastic does his thing.

149:  Jordan:  1st!  When it matters most, Jordan beats Ashnault.  Your heard it here first!

157:  Hayes:  1-2 or 2-2.  He's just not dynamic enough, unless he wants to be, and it seems like he wants to be about 5% of the time.  I've never seen such a lethargic wrestler with the skills he has, but then I saw...

165:  Campbell:  1-2 or 2-2:  THE most frustrating wrestler I think I've ever seen.  He has mad top game, but doesn't use it.  He has mad strength, but doesn't use it.  It's almost as if he's got some lingering injury (back injury or something) that prevents him from moving the way he wants or even needs to.  Ugh... so frustrating to watch.

174:  Smith:  2-2, outside shot at 7th/8th:  Every year, upsets happen.  Smith has the skill set, drive, and apparent hunger to maybe have an upset or two in him.  If so, I honestly believe he could AA this year.  It's doubtful, but I think he could.

184:  MyMar:  1st.  I think he runs through the field, and I'm calling it now... Shak is upset in the Semi's by someone.  

197:  Moore:  3rd/4th:  AGAIN.  I think Weigel upsets him in the semi's, assuming Weigel is the 3rd seed.  

HWT:  Singletary:  1-2.  Has a win... something to show for it... but he's just not there with the other Heavies yet.

5 AA's at this point, with Pletcher being a HUGE question mark considering 133's depth.  So maybe 4 AA's.  

Also heard Jordan over Ashnault for 3 months after Vegas.  Gettin’ old. Next topic. 

8 hours ago, squeek said:

Seeding out all 33 is not good for Stoll. In years past he could hope for a "good draw" and get a sniff at the quarters.
This year he's a 30 or below seed. Losing to Aven from Purdue was the shot to the knee that sealed his fate.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Stoll could still make a run on the backside though, which could even help Iowa since he's more likely to pick up bonus points there. I do wonder what the consolations will look like since they are seeding everyone, since I'm not sure I see him beating any top twelve guys so it'll depend on how many matches he gets before running in to somebody on that level.

Who knows though, he could be ready to pack it in and go 0-2 or he could have one last hurrah in him for a low AA run.

12 hours ago, treep2000 said:

You call those homer picks lol?

11 hours ago, TakeItEasy said:

Also heard Jordan over Ashnault for 3 months after Vegas.  Gettin’ old. Next topic. 

"People" are saying Lee over Rivera now for 3 months after Midlands.  Gettin' old.  Next Topic.

7 hours ago, Aviator12 said:

You call those homer picks lol?

I'm being realistic... too many jackholes on this thread simply do not seem to understand that people have OPINIONS and that's all they are...

It's like some weird SJW bullcrap... whatever... 

But... back to my comment...  just trying to keep my realism in check, while supporting the Bucks.