Sign in to follow this  
Marcus Cisero

Can Chance Marsteller Make it to the 165 lb. Finals?

Does the 4-time undefeated HS state champ / 2019 EWL OW have a chance at making it to the finals? One point OT losses to Cenzo and Shields and a win over Chandler Rogers plus family, friends and former HS coaches making the 3 1/2 hour journey from Central PA to Pittsburgh to sit in the stands to cheer their guy on may very well give him the edge he needs to survive until the finals.  

Does Chance have a chance? I say he does.

Edited by Marcus Cisero

Can he? Yes.

I personally don't think he will. 1-12 in this bracket are tough as nails. I wouldn't pick him to beat any of the big ten guys. Which may be my bias talking because I just watched the entire Big10 tourney  this weekend. Thats nothing personal against him, this is just a super tough weight at the top. 

I do think he can beat each guy. I just can't picture him going on a run like that.

18 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

Honestly, not too well in my opinion, however, Marsteller could give him a run for his money if he can somehow recapture the level of confidence he possessed in High School.

What about the confidence of being a returning 4th placer when no one expected him to do that.

4th NCAA'S > than undefeated state champ

It would be cool to see! Wasnt he controlling wick in the 3rd place match last year before getting cradled? He is the real deal, just needs to put it all together and 165 is no joke this season

Marstellar is excellent but when your schedule keeps you from top guys all season, it usually hurts when you get to NCAA's.  See Mizzou , Cornell and Okie State in recent years as examples.  Heck look at Iowa at Big Tens this year.  Not wrestling Mich, tOSU and PSU showed.