Sign in to follow this  
Frank Castle

Maryland Coach 2019/2020

Who are the odds on favorite to be their next head coach?  Personally, rumors are swirling about up to 10 coaches (head and assistants interested).  Fully funded 9.9 scholarships, new"er"facilities, top 25 university and more.   

From an outsider looking in and his contract expiring at the end of the season = obvious.   14-53 in past 4 years.  I think big 10 record is 1-39.  1 kid scores points at Big 10 this year.  the rest of the team was 0-27

Tell me why they would keep him?

its a sleeping giant.... not to the level that penn st was before cael, but they are in a good geographic region for nearby Jersey, PA, NY, Virginia... recruits 

plus really good academic school, and really good social scene.

Is the Maryland spot really going to be open?  Hate to lose Pritzlaff but maybe it's his time because head coaches seem to hang around for a long time and Goodale is only what, 5 or 6 years older?  Great opportunity for Donnie if it opens up

1 minute ago, vsnej said:

Is the Maryland spot really going to be open?  Hate to lose Pritzlaff but maybe it's his time because head coaches seem to hang around for a long time and Goodale is only what, 5 or 6 years older?  Great opportunity for Donnie if it opens up

If Maryland opens up, Rutgers should fire Goodale and promote Pritzlaff.  

4 minutes ago, vsnej said:

I wonder if there is still a "stain" on Donny's coaching reputation from the way he reacted to the Barry Davis extension?

Edited by jchapman

1 minute ago, jchapman said:

I wonder if there is still a "stain" on Donny's coaching reputation from the way he reacted to the Barry Davis extension?

a "stain"?  I'm almost afraid to ask