Sign in to follow this  
Frank Castle

Maryland Coach 2019/2020

34 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

How about a Maryland guy...Mr. Kyle Snyder

Guessing he is a little more focused on Tokyo 2020 than salvaging a college program.

55 minutes ago, cornercoach said:

......... Kolat- square peg in a round hole there..... i would bet he would want nothing to do with that position....

Disagree..Maryland would probably at least double his salary  + all the (benefits/perks) from his current job and give him a chance at the Big Time (B1G). Not sure many people would not want anything to do with that!

Edited by moveurfeet32

2 hours ago, Frank Castle said:

ScarletKnight - the kid is a 113lber.   Is that a college weight?  Just asking.

Commited Rutgers recruit JoJo Aragona is the #1 138lber in America in all the polls. Frankie.. Who's 113?

Edited by moveurfeet32

They should go after Cunningham?  Don't know if they would be able to get him, but if I were the AD I would at least make that phone call.  

The other longshot....  Go after JB. Do whatever is required and make whatever concessions you have to make for him to train for 2020.  He would be retiring after that.  Let him run the program through assistants for 1-year.  Give him a contract and whatever he needs to be able to train himself and lock him down.  Yes, it would suck for the first year, and time commitment to the team would suffer some, but let him bring in a couple of good assistants.  They are going to be down and building anyway. They won't do any worse even if he had his assistants run the entire program for a year.  Redshirt every top prospect he can get in next year, or any top guy who hasn't used their redshirt.  Basically, use 2020 to set the table for the years to follow.  Rely on the assistants.  I am pretty sure every recruit coming in would be okay with that.  Let him bring James Green too.  Green will probably retire as well I am guessing, plus he isn't going to be in an Olympic weight and he is no lock to make the next world team.  Truth be told, JB isn't a lock either for the Olympics with how Dake is coming along. Again, it would not be ideal for a year for Maryland, but it would be worth it in the long-run.  Plus the moment he retires teams will be going after him.  There will not be another window of opportunity after this one  He will be as sought after as much as Gable, J. Smith,  and Sanderson was.  If they are serious they would go after him.  With him being from Jersey and with his accolades he would be able to land bigtime recruits right out of the gates.  He is also probably the only person in the country that can bring Maryland to the level of Iowa, Ohio State, and PSU.  Largely because he would pull top east coast kids away from them as well. Those A.A. guys who are waiting for 2 or 3 years, or hoping to make the lineup or not get recruited over would probably look seriously at wrestling for Burroughs instead of waiting in the wings.  I also think he would consider leaving his alma mater for a program like that.   

If those two can be landed then look at Pritzlaff, Zadick, or Gurerro

16 hours ago, silvermedal said:

If Maryland opens up, Rutgers should fire Goodale and promote Pritzlaff.  

Were you there in 2007 when crickets were in the Barn?

Lets re-cap:

• 2 AA's in each of the last 3 years; most likely at least 2 more this year & possible National Champion
  • 3,000+ season tickets sold
  • 5,000+ fans average home attendance 2 years in a row
  • New wrestling facility in state of the art Athletic Performance Center

Goodale is the CEO/Architect responsible for this - he's not going anywhere

47 minutes ago, Frank Castle said:

Nothing will Salvage McCoy.

I think pretty much every rational wrestling fan agrees with you. the apathetic athletic department at Maryland however is a different thing and I could see an AA being enough. 

6 hours ago, vsnej said:

Were you there in 2007 when crickets were in the Barn?

Lets re-cap:

• 2 AA's in each of the last 3 years; most likely at least 2 more this year & possible National Champion
  • 3,000+ season tickets sold
  • 5,000+ fans average home attendance 2 years in a row
  • New wrestling facility in state of the art Athletic Performance Center

Goodale is the CEO/Architect responsible for this - he's not going anywhere

If ten high level recruits were given an opportunity to be coached by either Goodale /University A or Pritzlaff/University B, who do you think they'd choose?

OK now that it is confirmed...

I hope they get someone like Kolat, but I'm not sure he is ready to leave. He likes the small school vibe. He loves Lock Haven style schools. 

I like the Pritzlaff idea, but it is a risky move given his history. I think Maryland is going to try to get someone that comes with little risk. Tim Flynn would've been a great fit if he hadn't just moved. 

I go to UMD duals fairly often. Really looking forward to being able to support a real program soon...