Sign in to follow this  
moveurfeet32

Kolat to Maryland..Mike Grey to Hofstra

2 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

You really don't think he would leave Campbell for Maryland?

I dont. He's said before he loves the small school deal and he's doing pretty well. Plus admin is locked in to helping the program succeed. 

3 minutes ago, iGranby said:

I dont. He's said before he loves the small school deal and he's doing pretty well. Plus admin is locked in to helping the program succeed. 

What is he supposed to say, that he wishes he were at a bigger program?  I think the guy is a pure competitor and will definitely take the opportunity to compete at a higher level.  

Edited by Billyhoyle

1 minute ago, Billyhoyle said:

What is he supposed to say, that he wishes he were at a bigger program?  I think the guy is a pure competitor and will definitely take the opportunity to compete at a higher level.  

Kolat is fundraising well, just got a brand new facility and his team is coming along. Why leave to go to an absolute trainwreck? Also the allure of a "Big Ten" program isn't as strong to some...

9 minutes ago, LHU125 said:

Kolat is fundraising well, just got a brand new facility and his team is coming along. Why leave to go to an absolute trainwreck? Also the allure of a "Big Ten" program isn't as strong to some...

Coming along to what? The conference had 13 spots for their tournament. Maryland job would be the ultimate for Kolat.. If he gets an offer from The University of Maryland then its going to happen!

1 hour ago, moveurfeet32 said:

Coming along to what? The conference had 13 spots for their tournament. Maryland job would be the ultimate for Kolat.. If he gets an offer from The University of Maryland then its going to happen!

Agree to disagree. 

2 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

I'm pretty sure he didn't apply from some of the bigger coaching vacancies over the last couple years despite being sought after - such as Pitt and West Virginia.  Seems like he's happy where he is...

13 minutes ago, Gantry said:

I'm pretty sure he didn't apply from some of the bigger coaching vacancies over the last couple years despite being sought after - such as Pitt and West Virginia.  Seems like he's happy where he is...

Maybe... I think it’s a bit different if Maryland would make a good offer though. IF they decide to throw him some major money and give him what he needs to be successful, I think it would be hard to turn down. He ran clubs in the area for years and is still a big name in PA right next door. Could be a great opportunity and I think he would jump on it.

11 hours ago, Eagle26 said:

Maybe... I think it’s a bit different if Maryland would make a good offer though. IF they decide to throw him some major money and give him what he needs to be successful, I think it would be hard to turn down. He ran clubs in the area for years and is still a big name in PA right next door. Could be a great opportunity and I think he would jump on it.

plus Cary's wife is from Maryland, near Annapolis.  Another possibility with a Maryland background is Todd Beckerman, former assistant under McCoy and current head coach at Brown.

Edited by gromit

Beckerman is in an awesome spot in Providence.   Alumni are fully behind his mission and the team put 4 into NCAAs this year.   He is NOT leaving.

Kolat

Pritzloff

Santoro

Snyder

Moore

Plus many more will be in this mix come 4/1

Varner....

I could see Moore leaving American, I could also see Scott leaving UNC and Pop may even get a call.

Hahn would be entertained as well.

Pritzlaff...

What about Ayers being lured from Princeton?

1 hour ago, Boompa said:

Varner....

I could see Moore leaving American, I could also see Scott leaving UNC and Pop may even get a call.

Hahn would be entertained as well.

Pritzlaff...

What about Ayers being lured from Princeton?

I don't wish anything bad for Coach Moore but please don't let him leave AU.

16 hours ago, NJDan said:

Shouldn't Hofstra hire a Long Island guy?

Both Papadatos and Mike Patrovich are Long Island guys and Hofstra alum give me an available name from Long Island you’d think would do a better job 

I don't follow LI wrestling and can't give you a name. But since LI has good wrestling I just assume there are some. But these guys are not succeeding. That much is clear.