Sign in to follow this  
GreatWhiteNorth

Nolf = 'The Creator' with a GPA of 4.5 ?

I saw a mention of this somewhere yesterday and caught it myself when I re-watched the B1G finals.

According to the B1G announcers, Nolf's nickname is 'The Creator' and he has a GPA of 4.5. Was somebody playing on joke on those guys?

Does he train with Chuck Norris, too?

He may have had a 4.5 in high school (which sometimes allows for that), but he doesn't have over 4.0 in college.  As a Professor at Penn State, I would like to know how or why Shane Sparks  claims that.  

They also said Ashnault was the first NJ 4x State Champion, which is wrong. First undefeated 4x State Champion more like. But yeah I also heard the 4.5 and scoffed. As a Penn State alum I can confirm they, and no other reputable college/university, gives out weighed grades. 4.0 being an A is the highest GPA you can achieve (I didn't achieve that). 

1 hour ago, dmm53 said:

He may have had a 4.5 in high school (which sometimes allows for that), but he doesn't have over 4.0 in college.  As a Professor at Penn State, I would like to know how or why Shane Sparks  claims that.  

Pretty sure it wasn't Sparks who said it...

34 minutes ago, WrestleNJ said:

They also said Ashnault was the first NJ 4x State Champion, which is wrong. First undefeated 4x State Champion more like. But yeah I also heard the 4.5 and scoffed. As a Penn State alum I can confirm they, and no other reputable college/university, gives out weighed grades. 4.0 being an A is the highest GPA you can achieve (I didn't achieve that). 

I guess Cornell is not reputable.  Here’s a press release on their Big Red web page just today:

“A psychology major, Knibb owns a grade point average above a 4.0. In addition to being named the Elite 90 award winner, she all was recognized with Academic All-Ivy and USTFCCA All-Academic honors for the fall.”

Edited by klehner

33 minutes ago, klehner said:

I guess Cornell is not reputable.  Here’s a press release on their Big Red web page just today:

“A psychology major, Knibb owns a grade point average above a 4.0. In addition to being named the Elite 90 award winner, she all was recognized with Academic All-Ivy and USTFCCA All-Academic honors for the fall.”

It would be more reputable if an official press release utilized correct words and/or grammar when referencing academic achievement!

17 minutes ago, klehner said:

Cornell uses a 4.3 scale. That is not the same thing as a weighted grading system.

2 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

I saw a mention of this somewhere yesterday and caught it myself when I re-watched the B1G finals.

According to the B1G announcers, Nolf's nickname is 'The Creator' and he has a GPA of 4.5. Was somebody playing on joke on those guys?

Does he train with Chuck Norris, too?

Impressive. Same as the Brands brothers...combined. 

As has been pointed out, Penn State does not go above 4.0. Some reputable schools do. MIT for example gives a 5 for an A.

From the Penn State bio of Jason Nolf

"Outstanding student, posting a 4.5 GPA, winning Kittanning’s Physics Award and the school’s Principal’s Award."

Also it was Tim Johnson who made the statement, repeating it from at least one Penn State mach he announced.

22 minutes ago, twocrows said:

As has been pointed out, Penn State does not go above 4.0. Some reputable schools do. MIT for example gives a 5 for an A.

From the Penn State bio of Jason Nolf

"Outstanding student, posting a 4.5 GPA, winning Kittanning’s Physics Award and the school’s Principal’s Award."

Also it was Tim Johnson who made the statement, repeating it from at least one Penn State mach he announced.

Any time someone has a GPA of over 4.3, it is almost always a weighted grade. 

And weighted grades are not the same as grades on a 4.3 or 5.0 scale. 

MIT’s 5.0 scale is very unusual.