Katie

Let the coaches wear track suits

Too many coaches pair cheap-looking, baggy collared shirts with massive casual pants. Aside from the sloppiness and shabbiness of the look, it's depressing when you consider that the coaches apparently think they look like professionals.

Sadly, I doubt many coaches will ever learn how to dress. So the next best thing is to just let them go fully casual. Let the coaches wear track suits with their school's branding on it. It will be better for everyone.

Edited by Katie

Unless you have them specially tailored, most dress shirts have measurements for neck and arm length.  When you have to buy shirts that will fit a thick neck and broad shoulders, then the shirts will probably be baggy elsewhere.  And while we're at it, who cares?

5 minutes ago, KCMO2 said:

Unless you have them specially tailored, most dress shirts have measurements for neck and arm length.  When you have to buy shirts that will fit a thick neck and broad shoulders, then the shirts will probably be baggy elsewhere.  And while we're at it, who cares?

That's absolutely true when you shop at Walmart.

As for "not caring" I totally support that. That's why I propose track suits. The problem is the coaches who care, but do not know how to dress.

Edited by Katie

I actually agree with this. I’ve often wondered why it is considered “professional” for a wrestling coach to wear a shirt and tie? Coaches in many other sports dress more athleticly and I think that can make you look more like a professional coach and a better representation of your team 

2 minutes ago, Katie said:

That's absolutely true when you shop at Walmart.

Got a problem with Walmart now too?  You're gonna alienate half the wrestling fans out there.  We're talking wrestlers, not the NBA.

Edited by KCMO2

They can wear track tops.  My interpretation of the rule below would be that bottoms with a logo would be permitted but discouraged.

Art. 2. Coaches’ Attire. The wearing of jeans, T-shirts, sweatshirts/sweatpants and noninstitutional-logoed warm-up suits (tops and/or bottom), headwear and similar apparel are not suitable attire for coaches during competition and, therefore, are prohibited� Institutional-logoed tops/jackets are permissible� Each coach in violation of this rule shall be penalized with a control of mat area violation� Further, the coach(es) in violation shall not sit in the designated reserved zone for coaching if the prohibited apparel is not replaced with suitable attire�

Edited by JHRoseWrestling

13 hours ago, JHRoseWrestling said:

They can wear track tops.  My interpretation of the rule below would be that bottoms with a logo would be permitted but discouraged.

Art. 2. Coaches’ Attire. The wearing of jeans, T-shirts, sweatshirts/sweatpants and noninstitutional-logoed warm-up suits (tops and/or bottom), headwear and similar apparel are not suitable attire for coaches during competition and, therefore, are prohibited� Institutional-logoed tops/jackets are permissible� Each coach in violation of this rule shall be penalized with a control of mat area violation� Further, the coach(es) in violation shall not sit in the designated reserved zone for coaching if the prohibited apparel is not replaced with suitable attire�

Yep, based on that language, both an institutional-logoed warm-up top and bottom would be permitted. 

On 3/11/2019 at 10:09 PM, Plasmodium said:

I wish one of these coaches would show some class and wear a nice, old fashioned pimp suit.  

Bucknell should get wrestling alum Gbenga Akinnagbe to do a cameo in the coaches corner at NCAAs as his character on HBO’s The Deuce

AkinnagbeByPaulSchiraldi2-960x1280.jpg

Edited by gromit