Katie

Let the coaches wear track suits

On 3/11/2019 at 9:39 PM, potentiallydangerous said:

If baseball managers wear the uniform, wrestling coaches should wear singlets.

Baseball coaches in uniform is one of the silliest ideas around.

As for our wrestling coaches, it is a good thing to have standards for them. Seeing some of the High School coaches at tournaments and how they dress - you would not want your College Coach to look like that. Dockers on the low end or nice slacks and school logo Polo or sports shirt or dress shirt.

Maybe we should have them all wear Pork Pie hats matside? Tom & Terry would look like Iowa Mini-Mafia dons.

11 hours ago, gromit said:

Bucknell should get wrestling alum Gbenga Akinnagbe to do a cameo in the coaches corner at NCAAs as his character on HBO’s The Deuce

AkinnagbeByPaulSchiraldi2-960x1280.jpg

Oh snap!  I didn't know the guy who played Chris Partlow on The Wire wrestled for Bucknell!  That's cool!  

9 minutes ago, Frank_Rizzo said:

Oh snap!  I didn't know the guy who played Chris Partlow on The Wire wrestled for Bucknell!  That's cool!  

yep, placed 4th at 2000 EIWAs....he also wrestled at the same HS (Magruder) in Montgomery County MD as Helen Maroulis

Edited by gromit

5 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

As should ALL wrestling coaches. But I think that it should be mandatory for all wrestling coaches to wear the following cap:

https://www.zazzle.com/im_with_stupid_trucker_hat-148068256905300199

Seeing what Cael & his brother wear is easily understood if you know much about Utah culture. They grew up watching mormon missionaries go into the world wearing Mr.Mac suits - the main store outfitting missionaries in Utah. Somehow that lesson has stuck with them.

1 minute ago, WillieBoy said:

Seeing what Cael & his brother wear is easily understood if you know much about Utah culture. They grew up watching mormon missionaries go into the world wearing Mr.Mac suits - the main store outfitting missionaries in Utah. Somehow that lesson has stuck with them.

They need to wear black sunglasses and black fedoras to complete the ensemble.

17 hours ago, WillieBoy said:

Baseball coaches in uniform is one of the silliest ideas around.

As for our wrestling coaches, it is a good thing to have standards for them. Seeing some of the High School coaches at tournaments and how they dress - you would not want your College Coach to look like that. Dockers on the low end or nice slacks and school logo Polo or sports shirt or dress shirt.

Maybe we should have them all wear Pork Pie hats matside? Tom & Terry would look like Iowa Mini-Mafia dons.

I think standards are a good idea, and such standards apparently exist already. (See JHRoseWrestling’s post on page 1 of this thread.)

Those standards apparently allow for logoed warmups (or track suits) which — I believe — would look much better than a lot of what’s currently out there.

Edited by Katie