Huck Finn

Joe Smith & Chandler Rodgers

Joe Smith finished 5th in the Big 12s.

A wrestle off between two guys who know each others tendencies inside out doesn't predict exactly how they will do against outside competition.

Any chance that John Smith promotes Chandler for NCAAs?  Is that even doable?  

I'm not arguing that Rodgers is better.   But since this is his last year, I'd rather be entertained by his mat antics one more time.

Joe Smith finished 5th in the Big 12s.
A wrestle off between two guys who know each others tendencies inside out doesn't predict exactly how they will do against outside competition.
Any chance that John Smith promotes Chandler for NCAAs?  Is that even doable?  
I'm not arguing that Rodgers is better.   But since this is his last year, I'd rather be entertained by his mat antics one more time.

Not doable. You have to take mat in conference tourney to even think about qualifying for NCAAs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to see the NCAA team championship be determined by a duals tournament.  Then run the three day individual championship tournament.    Then you could open up the individual tournament to the best wrestlers in the country regardless of their team situation.

This is an old debate, and people are dug into their positions.   Having two exciting tournaments would double the fun.   A final 16 duals tournament will attract TV coverage and more casual fans, grow the sport of wrestling.    There are trade-offs, but notice the Big Ten tournament had no team drama this year yet the tournament was still more exciting than ever.    I'd concede that the current system now does measure the strongest team very well.  So what, I'll take the added thrills of a duals tourny. 

Wrestling has a failure of imagination.  We're, stuck in tradition.

Edited by Huck Finn