Fletcher

Did Rahseed duck?

Just now, Fletcher said:

I never heard a reason given for why he didn't wrestle in the Big Ten championships. Coaching decision to protect his seed? Or was he injured in the semi-finals (didn't get to see his match)?

Not to protect his seed. To keep Martin from getting a look at him before nattys and give himself the best chance to win in 2 weeks. Thats is just my opinion.

3 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Why would he duck. He has way more too gain from feeling martin than the inverse?

MAYBE they don't want to spill the beans on the game plan? That sorta makes sense because they do a better job game planning than anyone.

What teams do you think do the best job of game planning? I definitely don't see Ohio St as one of them. 

How effective is ducking?  We need to look back at the ducks this season and see how it has benefited them.  You can only run for so long and next weekend, the running stops.  

I can't help but think that the conversation between Cael and Shak went just like the one between Rocky and Adonnis in Creed 2 about fighting Drago Jr...

1 minute ago, Chrissn2001 said:

How effective is ducking?  We need to look back at the ducks this season and see how it has benefited them.  You can only run for so long and next weekend, the running stops.  

I can't help but think that the conversation between Cael and Shak went just like the one between Rocky and Adonnis in Creed 2 about fighting Drago Jr...

Joseph not wrestling Wick seems to have been helpful. He hasn't had to face him once and may avoid him at nattys too.

Reenan tried to wrestle Martin on a bum knee and had to take a month off.  Been a struggle ever since.  

Shak’s style is a nightmare for knee injuries.  Any match could be his last. Absolutely a duck, but a smart decision.  

There is no risk/reward scenario in wrestling Martin like there is in wrestling Venz.  Only risk. Shak loses to Martin 999/1000 times.

Edited by LemonPie

46 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

I never heard a reason given for why he didn't wrestle in the Big Ten championships. Coaching decision to protect his seed? Or was he injured in the semi-finals (didn't get to see his match)?

001_181118261_10.jpg

I don't know, what's it look like ... quack.

1 hour ago, Fletcher said:

"Trainer" decision....*cough*

Edited by DocBZ

2 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

Why would he duck. He has way more too gain from feeling martin than the inverse?

MAYBE they don't want to spill the beans on the game plan? That sorta makes sense because they do a better job game planning than anyone.

The "I choose down" team does the best job gameplanning?

Rasheed should be discounted for not wrestling the finals.  To me it is a loss.  I think if you forfeit out of a qualifying tournament, your seed should automatically drop a couple spots.

Micic should drop a fair amount, because of defaulting out so early. 

4 hours ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

No, he didn't duck.  And he's undefeated.  Therefore, Rasheed should be seeded # 1 at NCAA's.

That said, the system's rigged, so they'll probably seed that kid from Ohio State ahead of him. 

Love the sarcasm. Lol. 

Its been stated a few times on this board that psu doesnt duck. So obviously not a duck. Doesnt matter how good he looked in his previous match.

But wait the duck "rules" state that if you wrestle the previous match and the next match, then it is a duck... so unless he ff his first match of ncaas, its gotta be a duck... right?